The Official Marshall Studio Classic Thread Sc20

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Marshall Forum @Joves, lots of great guys here with a plethora of info on all things Marshall!

Congrats man, what a great trio of amps to own! You’ve got everything covered, I’m jealous!

:cheers:

(you might want to stop drinking late at night with your phone and/or computer close by). :D

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post from myself, after having joined a couple of weeks ago and loitered on the forum whilst waiting for a couple of newly purchased amps to arrive.

A few months ago, after having toyed with the idea of purchasing a 2525c mini Jubilee for quite some time, I eventually bit the bullet after finding what appeared to be about the only one available in the country (I’m in Sydney Australia and there is a serious shortage of just about everything over here at the moment). That arrived in about November of last year and I’ve had a great time messing about with it since. However, amps and guitar gear being the addictive things they are (combined with my equally addictive personality… in a healthy gear sense, not the chemical kind), the little Jubilee sparked my curiosity in both the SC20c and SV20c. I’m purely a home player and a bit of a hack at that, so am always more interested in combo’s rather than heads (as cool as heads and cabs are, of course). So anyway, a couple of weeks ago, whilst feeling inspired (and half-cut from a handful of beers on a warm Summers day on holiday), I decided to do a bit of a search online to see if either were even available over here. Well, I found one of each (both seemingly about the last of current stock over here, much like the Jubilee), so I decided “stuff it” and bought them both. I then went on to drink a handful more beers to celebrate and woke up in the morning scratching my head thinking “did I buy a couple of amps last night?”… a quick scan of my emails confirmed that yes, indeed I had.

Anyhow, long pointless story short, they both arrived last week, so I now have the whole studio combo family sitting here begging for me to become a better player. I’ve yet to have a proper go on the two newies, but will do in due course and will hopefully be able to provide some personal insight into how they each compare with the other for anyone who might be interested.

Oh, I also purchased a Tone King Iron Man Mini 2 attenuator, so I can hopefully crank them to levels required to get the best out of them without fear of the neighbours sending me a text to tell me not to quit my day job.

Fantastic forum, btw. Hope to be a contributor to it in my own little way. Here are a few pics of the family in the meantime.

Cheers,
Joves

View attachment 100879 View attachment 100881 View attachment 100880
:welcome:
To The Forum
Excellent choice in amps
Congratulations on their arrival
HNAmps D
Cheers
Mitch

Joves

Reaction score
Welcome to the Marshall Forum @Joves, lots of great guys here with a plethora of info on all things Marshall!

Congrats man, what a great trio of amps to own! You’ve got everything covered, I’m jealous!

(you might want to stop drinking late at night with your phone and/or computer close by). :D

Hahaha… you know, I think you might be right. But, where’s the fun in that?!

Joves

Reaction score
I got mine for about that , maybe 100 less , in Australian dollars . Usually about 73 to 80 cents us on our dollar .
But in all honesty , I'd probably still want my sc20h at your prices .
What a lil killer amp .

The prices are definitely getting up there. But, in the overall scheme of things, does it really matter if it’s a few hundred dollars more than it used to be if it gives you the tone you’re after, possibly inspires you to play a little more than you otherwise would have and is going to be kept, used and loved for a number of years?

My wife and I just took our two young boys to lunch. We were there for just over an hour and it cost us $230. Between the amp and the lunch, I know which one presents better value to me.

Joves

Reaction score
My wife also just went and grabbed a few groceries… $354.84. And I guarantee it’ll barely last us ‘til the end of the week.

Perspective is a wonderful thing… and a kick in the nuts… all at the same time!

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Equivalent of $820 here for my ex-display SC20C middle of last year. :) For once I'm on the better side of the pond for pricing; I'm usually reading how much cheaper Gibsons and Fenders are than over here. :(

I don't use anything else now outside the house, for gigs and rehearsals or just jamming with friends. I've got a 2525H in the living room hidden in a cupboard, so it's my quick plug and play amp (hidden cab too). I've got the SV20H and a few cabs, but don't tend to use them anymore; I think I'll have to see about selling it at some point soon as it's a waste having it and not using it.

Shame I didn't get a 2525C instead of the 2525H (back before they were called Studio) because I think it's just the convenience of the combo that appeals to me, but back to back the SC20C has a brighter sound. I think this also works better in a band context too (same regarding the 10" speaker as I don't need the bottom end of a 2x12 for the parts I play).

Latest posts