The Official Marshall Dsl40cr Information Thread

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Went to SW yesterday and ordered the 5-switch pedal. The 6 (they claim) doesn't work with the C (mine's before the CR replaced it).
I think you may be being mislead about a 5-button footswitch.
As far as I know the only features on the DSL40C that are 'foot-switchable' are the Classic to Ultra gain channels (i.e. whichever sub-channel is selected on the front panel), and the reverb ON/OFF.
2 buttons is all that the DSL40C can use. :(

From the manual:
For the connection of the supplied 2 button footswitch (PEDL-00009). This allows you to switch between the Classic Gain and Ultra Gain channels (Note: The footswitch overrides the front panel Channel switch) and also switches the Reverb on/off.

Joseph Zaccaria

Reaction score
Hi Guys its been a while, use to have a DSL40C and always liked it but went and tried some other gear for a bit. Well i'm back in the DSL club I just picked up a brand new DSL40CR and so far so good I really missed playing Marshall this amp sounds amazing with with my Tele, I tried a Origin 50C as well but that amp is not really what I like. Anyway I've got an amp to break in and will check back later!!

full
I just got a DSL40CL and you're right. It makes my tele sing. I had a Peavey Bandit 112 for 30 years and never liked the way the guitar sounded. Now have a whole new appreciation for it.

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
Broke out the old Seismic Audio 1x12 extension cab just to try it out for a bit, haven't used it for a while but it will come in handy for those outdoor gigs! its a good fit for the DSL.

full

Last edited:

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
So how are you guys utilizing the dual Master volumes? I was using it with one master Volume set as a solo boost but I'm thinking to use the Masters to balance between the clean/Crunch and OD!/OD2 and just stick a clean boost in the loop for leads.

Last edited:

Randy Rhoads

Reaction score
It may be just because I mostly just get to play at low volumes, but does anyone else find that the crunch channel's gain control does nothing after about 12 or 1 o clock?

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
It may be just because I mostly just get to play at low volumes, but does anyone else find that the crunch channel's gain control does nothing after about 12 or 1 o clock?
might be subtle but i find it just gets a bit more saturated with increased low end, sounds fine to me at 12:00 with my Tele for some mild classic rock!

Randy Rhoads

Reaction score
might be subtle but i find it just gets a bit more saturated with increased low end, sounds fine to me at 12:00 with my Tele for some mild classic rock!
Okay, glad I'm not the only one :). How would you all describe the Crunch channel in relation to classic Marshall Amps?

Latest posts