The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

Bruno60

Reaction score
What do you think of 2 G10 Greenback or 2 G10N-40 in a cab?
They have 95db, which would push a little more amp.
Someone already used these speakers on a Marshall (dsl40) ?
I want to convert the combo to 2x10 cab, and make an amp head.

Last edited:

KraftyBob

Reaction score
Not really interest in a 2x10 cab for a few reasons. 2x10 guitar cabs are not all the common compared to a 1x12 so choices are limited. Also, I have a Vox AD120VT 2x12 and when I paired that up with a 4x12 cab I did not like the balance between the two. Half the wattage was going to 2x12's and the other half through 4x12's so it sounded off - almost like the 2x12 drowned out the 4x12. With that amp when you use the external jacks the internal speakers stay active so I installed switching jacks and plugged the 4x12 into those so it would bypass the internal cab.

Bottom line is I want a 1x12 extension cab that matches the DSL40 dimensions as close as possible with a speaker that will compliment the M65 Creamback. I was thinking of building my own cab when I came across the PRS 1x12's and they come with some really good speaker choices.

I think I've narrowed down my choices and will just have to go play them when they're out. Thanks for the feedback.

Carlo

Reaction score
What do you think of 2 G10 Greenback or 2 G10N-40 in a cab?
They have 95db, which would push a little more amp.
Someone already used these speakers on a Marshall (dsl40) ?
I want to convert the combo to 2x10 cab, and make an amp head.

I just converted my DSL 40c into a head and a 2x12 cab. Both Creambacks just fit diagonally,
sounds awesome.

KraftyBob

Reaction score
That's an interesting thought. Do you have any pics and did you do it yourself or have it done? What's the weight of the head now and how much does the 2x12 weigh? I have to admit that while lugging this combo around isn't ideal so splitting into two lighter pieces sounds appealing.

Carlo

Reaction score
i did the conversion myself, Creambacks are M-65's, tried earlier to post pictures, they were to large. What is the maximum size to upload pictures?
The reason for the conversion was the weight of the combo, i am 67 with back-problems and play at some 8 Gigs a year. I will weigh both head and cab, give me a little time. It is a lot easier for me to carry the amp around

KraftyBob

Reaction score
Thank you for checking the weight.

For those in the US that's 24 lbs and 31 lbs, respectively. Much better than 50.5lbs/20.3kg combo.

Now you have me possibly re-thinking this, Carlo!

Bownse

Reaction score

Carlo

Reaction score
Btw, the amp can be converted back into the original Combo, no parts have been altered. This was important for me, in case i wish to sell it at some point.

Reactions: LCW

Carlo

Reaction score
There is no finished head cabinet for sale, i build it myself from scratch. Sorry, no pictures from the build. I could make a materials list if someone is interested, let me know. Pricewise I think i have spend about 100.-€, most expencive was the Marshall-logo if i recall right.

ken361

Reaction score
I was reading on TGP about amp on the floor or on a stand of some kind, I tried it on a box full of books and thought it sounded bad on the red 1. So I re EQ'd it to this with the creamback at gain at 6 or so trb 6 mids at 4 bass res 4 res 5 not too bad cutting the mids took some high off. Back on the floor with a finished basemen/carpet has more lows compared to my house this was tested at my girls condo. On the floor pretty fat but dynamic and and sounds good 15 feet a way say

Before mids at 7 bass 3 res 3 treb 6 or so pres 6