The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

rjohns1

Reaction score
Chicago Music Supply stepped up to the plate, they shipped me a new set of tubes this afternoon. No questions asked. Real nice people.

Len

Reaction score
Yeah, Chicago Music Exchange. I had it wrong.
If you're ever in Chicago that is the best place to visit. I've been going there for years. Huge selection of gear and great service.

Michaeld13

Reaction score
Well, I had some static coming from my Night Train- opened it up and found out that my two new TungSol power tubes were the culprit- so I replaced them with JJ's and the static went away- a lot more punchy now. I also noticed but couldn't recall but- that in V1 is a Ruby HG+ 678 AC5- always really liked the sound of this amp- I assume it came that way stock- anyhow- just another plug for the Ruby HG+ like SolarBurn has posted about. Still waiting on my darn hook thingy's to come for my multimeter to check my bias- I guess the are coming from China via an amazon purchase- I hope they fit my existing multimeter- taking forever to get here...

rjohns1

Reaction score
I bought them from them on Reverb. If I ever go to Chicago I will definitely check them out.

Basilios

Reaction score
Howdy all! Just purchased a brand new blackout 40c yesterday. Still getting familiar with it but such a great amp. I previously had the Marshall code 25 but wasn't a fan of all the tweaking. Love being able to plug in and not think about what kind of settings I should run and all that other junk!

Michaeld13

Reaction score
That's cool. Never seen a color scheme like that. Is that from the factory like that? Or was is aftermarket? Looks cool!

BanditPanda

Reaction score
That's cool. Never seen a color scheme like that. Is that from the factory like that? Or was is aftermarket? Looks cool!

It was one of the offerings from Marshall. Like the CV for instance. It's called the 40CB. ( B for Black )

Last edited:

Carlo

Reaction score
That is a very interesting article ! It's only 8:30 a.m. here and I've already learned something new!! Thank you for that. Looks like I won 't be using the standby switch anymore.
BP
somehow i cant agree with that, why would leading amp manufacturers add a standby switch to their equipment if it would shorten the life of tubes or do harm to the amp in some other way? Theres alot of discussions going on in the net what to do with the standby switch, for me, i trust Marshall and continue making use of it...

Carlo

Reaction score
I have a small problem, i have several guitars, 2 Fender Stats, a Gretsch and a Gibson LP 50's Tribute with 480r and 498t PU's. Somehow i'm struggling to find an acceptable sound with the Gibson, everything i try sounds like crap, mostly muddy especially when playing chords. Strats sound great, Gretsch is a different game anyway. Anyone here playing these PU's? Maybe a little help with settings would be great. Start hating my Gibson:(

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Set your amp up with the best settings for your Strats & or Gretch.
Get a pedal for use only when playing your LP.

Last edited:

ken361

Reaction score
I have a small problem, i have several guitars, 2 Fender Stats, a Gretsch and a Gibson LP 50's Tribute with 480r and 498t PU's. Somehow i'm struggling to find an acceptable sound with the Gibson, everything i try sounds like crap, mostly muddy especially when playing chords. Strats sound great, Gretsch is a different game anyway. Anyone here playing these PU's? Maybe a little help with settings would be great. Start hating my Gibson:(
I always raise the pole pieces up prb 2 turns 2nd through 5th string it follows the neck radius

ken361

Reaction score
Since I'm playing humbuckers again my red 1 feels so good with the cooler bias settings now,has more sag and not stiff like before. The EVH rules through it:) loud and proud!