BanditPanda

Reaction score
G.. do you have a link to that?
Also need to know what defines a " short spell "
Thanks
BP

BanditPanda

Reaction score
That is a very interesting article ! It's only 8:30 a.m. here and I've already learned something new!! Thank you for that. Looks like I won 't be using the standby switch anymore.
BP

Jimmyohio75

Reaction score
Update on my new DSL40c..........
Cranked it up at band practice the other night. One thing for sure, this amp does not lack volume. We practice in a 50,000 square foot warehouse and I never had the volume past 4. And this is with a hard hitting drummer. The amp sounded great but I am still struggling with the brightness of the amp. Keep in mind I have been playing various Orange amps for the past 6-7 years and I am used to dark sounding amps. I only play Les Paul's with Humbuckers. Even at super loud volume it was tough to dial out the brightness. My amp has the Creamback speaker so that's not the culprit. Any advice on how to remove some of the brightness? Tubes?

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on my new DSL40c..........
Cranked it up at band practice the other night. One thing for sure, this amp does not lack volume. We practice in a 50,000 square foot warehouse and I never had the volume past 4. And this is with a hard hitting drummer. The amp sounded great but I am still struggling with the brightness of the amp. Keep in mind I have been playing various Orange amps for the past 6-7 years and I am used to dark sounding amps. I only play Les Paul's with Humbuckers. Even at super loud volume it was tough to dial out the brightness. My amp has the Creamback speaker so that's not the culprit. Any advice on how to remove some of the brightness? Tubes?

I agree your ears may be tuned to that darker Orange voicing.

Tube change and or EQ pedal in the loop.

What channel are you finding bright?

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there are a few ways to tame top end. A thin towel or blanket can tune the amp over the speaker cab. You'd be surprised...

With both my guitars with Dimarzio SD's I can get stringy sounding or warm and thick.

I have a shitload of tubes to use. Easy to warm it up with a V1 & V2 tube change and since he's getting into the power section there are warm power tubes to choose from too...

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to be one of the most obnoxious players here.LOL sorry bro's!

Green crunch boosted a tad with my Dano CTO-1(Timmy clone)amp volume at 3 and phone 20ft away he he. Riding guitar volume only. One of these days I'll play pretty...cause the amp can do much.

ken361

Reaction score
I've got to be one of the most obnoxious players here.LOL sorry bro's!

Green crunch boosted a tad with my Dano CTO-1(Timmy clone)amp volume at 3 and phone 20ft away he he. Riding guitar volume only. One of these days I'll play pretty...cause the amp can do much.

That 1960 amp is a loud SOB lol have any vids?

Jimmyohio75

Reaction score
Well there are a few ways to tame top end. A thin towel or blanket can tune the amp over the speaker cab. You'd be surprised...

With both my guitars with Dimarzio SD's I can get stringy sounding or warm and thick.

I have a shitload of tubes to use. Easy to warm it up with a V1 & V2 tube change and since he's getting into the power section there are warm power tubes to choose from too...

Can you recommend some preamp tubes for V1 and V2 to help warm it up?

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Can you recommend some preamp tubes for V1 and V2 to help warm it up?

If I may quote the most obnoxious player Solarburn here is one of his recommendations:
quote "To start out with make one tube change. Put a 12AX7-AC7HG+ in V1 only. HG stands for high grade not high gain " unquote.

Last edited: