Testing the Marshall SV20C emulated output.

George Dickens

Reaction score
I made some noises with the SV20C emulated output in 5 watt mode.
T

Yes Im sure I like the SV20C- damned fine instrument

I should give a shout out to SW!
SW so graciously replaced as my PS1 as it was lost in the mail for over a month.
Those guys have great customer service for sure- after I inquired -
they shipped it and it took only two days to my door.
Awesome.

Last edited:

George Dickens

Reaction score
I tried it for a wet channel into a powered PA Speaker and didn’t like it much, but you make it sound pretty good. I’ll have to try it again.
I believe the emulated Di in the sv20 has built in fake speaker noise ie. IR (celestion?)
I think for going to a PA it would work in a big house mix situation. However:
If you are using a powered monitor and want to get a good tone similar to having an amp in front of you, I think it would be best to use a line out from the attenuator if your using one.
It may be the speaker in the monitor is over-coloring the sound most likely w too much narural speaker presence over riding the IR sim, thereby doubleing the speaker noises.
Just a thought.

middy

Reaction score
I believe the emulated Di in the sv20 has built in fake speaker noise ie. IR (celestion?)
I think for going to a PA it would work in a big house mix situation. However:
If you are using a powered monitor and want to get a good tone similar to having an amp in front of you, I think it would be best to use a line out from the attenuator if your using one.
It may be the speaker in the monitor is over-coloring the sound most likely w too much narural speaker presence over riding the IR sim, thereby doubleing the speaker noises.
Just a thought.
No, it just has a hardwired eq curve kind of like a speaker, nothing as sophisticated as an IR processor. I might be able to make it work with a graphic eq.