Tell Me About EBow

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by axe4me, Feb 27, 2021.

1. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

2. JamminJeff

JamminJeff Well-Known Member

I have an original laying around somewhere and only used it for sh*ts and giggles. It basically sustain the string and does create a unique tone for swells, etc. You might use it for an intro on an original song, but to me it is a one trick pony. YMMV.

It's just easier to use gain and the volume pot or invest the dollars in a volume pedal.

FUN FACT: It was given to me by the manuf. rep when they first came out. No way would I have paid for one. I was in the biz back then and that industry is the proverbial plastic hallway that it's infamously known for. Good men are eaten alive in back rooms and tossed in the dumpster for fun. Then after a few days, they remove you from the dumpster, knee you in the groin and toss you back into the dumpster. They don't care if you are alive or not.

Wash, rinse, repeat !

3. lespaul339

lespaul339 Well-Known Member

I had one once. I actually used it on a recording once but that was it. I got tired of it sitting around and I sold it. IMO they're cool but not one of those things you will find a use for all that often. I don't miss it.

4. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

I’ve got one. Used it for 10m after it arrived and it’s in a box somewhere now

5. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I've had a couple. They always seemed to end up missing (stolen)...

They take some work to get to use properly. You can use them for legato, but that's only a small portion of what they can do.