Tampa area music stores

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by rmlevasseur, Aug 22, 2013.

1. rmlevasseur

rmlevasseur Well-Known Member

Well I hit the Clearwater GC today and they were a joke. No helping whatsoever, completely ignored despite my readiness to buy a strat and a drum trigger pad for my kid, and on top of that is was really slow. Fudge em. They don't get a dime.

2. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Well-Known Member VIP Member

That's too bad, sorry to hear. The Lakeland store where I go is the best one I've been in as far as costumer service. It might be a little far, I don't know if you're staying IN tampa, but if you are it's easier to get to that Clearwater. It's straight out east of tampa right off I-4 at the Lakeland exit. There's also Carlton music in Lakeland, but I'm not sure if they stock Fender guitars. Last time I was in there all I remember is PRS hanging everywhere.

Edit: just saw you're staying in CW so it would be at least an hour drive I think...

3. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

Man, should've let me know. I would've had my buddy Cookie take care of you since he works there. But yeah, most of the kids at that GC have no idea what customer service is.

4. LKrevival

LKrevival New Member

Stevie B's in Dunedin / Palm Harbor. Nice guys, it is where I get my guitar tune ups done at and buy things sometimes also. Some new stuff, some used stuff. Not a big place it is a mom and pop place for sure.

http://www.steviebs.com/florida/index.htm

5. LKrevival

LKrevival New Member

I haven't been there in a while but I usually had good dealings with them with friendly service and asking me if I needed anything. That is where I ran into a used YJM plexi by chance last year and after a hour of testing it I was sold and so was it...to me.

6. rmlevasseur

rmlevasseur Well-Known Member

Asked if they had a Mayer strat. nope. Then wandered into the drum section and asked if they had an Alesis performance pad pro. Nope. Looked for a dsl40 to try...nuthin. Then wandered into the "expensive" room and played a lime green strat acoustically...no help. Ok, put it back and walked out. Plenty of places in Minneapolis area to spend my money. Hard to believe these were commissioned folk. Even had the kid with me to try some drum stuff. If that doesnt say this guy wants to spend some money I don't know what does, lol!

7. Frankie

Frankie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot about Stevie B's. They're right down the street from my house actually, so I guess I just got used to them and forgot. Hah!