Svets EL34

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by houseofrock, Oct 22, 2020.

1. houseofrock

houseofrock Well-Known Member

I didn't want to start another thread but I couldn't find the one I was looking for to add to.

https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/amps/tubes-valves/tube-amp-doctor-el34-svt-power-tube.html

I know there were people looking for original Svets winged"C".
    These are relabeled for TAD but are original Svets according to the TAD website.
    $47.30 ea.
    Get 'em while they last.
    https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/el34-svt-tad-premium-matched?c=76

This TAD selection of the original Svetlana EL34 is very dependable and a recommended choice for combo amps.

Somewhat lower power but nice balanced tone with fine heights, very detailed and musical mids and not too much bass. The TAD EL34-SVT is selected out of the original Svetlana-Factory production in St. Petersburg (winged -C- logo). The TAD EL34-SVT is indentical to the stock tube used by Marshall for the JCM2000 TSL/DSL series. It is the only EL34 version we do recommend to use with this amp models.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Im247frogs

Im247frogs Well-Known Member

I think Tube Depot got ahold of some genuine winged C's and has them listed for 100 bucks a pop.

3. jeffb

jeffb Well-Known Member

Glad to hear TAD is using selected versions. Scuttlebutt says the last of these out of the factory were pretty poor compared to previous normal production.

I'd like to try them, but I hate investing in something I may not /probably will not be able to replace when the time comes.

4. houseofrock

houseofrock Well-Known Member

I still want a set of the Preferred Series EL34's. I think they will sound great.

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.