SV20H & SC20H power section?

RichardDM

Reaction score
Hey man, as long as you don't have to haul it around, indulge. I have a few Marshalls I rotate through at home, playing through two 4x12's, but my gig-rig fits easily into the trunk of my Accord.
Yea if I was to go out to play a gig today I’d use a JVM 2x12 combo with a HX Effects and call it good.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
If its your thing, have fun, no disrespect.
I plug straight into the amp with a cab
so all this stuff is just too much data for my
neanderthal mind.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its your thing, have fun, no disrespect.
I plug straight into the amp with a cab
so all this stuff is just too much data for my
neanderthal mind.
I’m right there with you Tatzann man!

Even worse I’m sure,…
:nuts:

PelliX

Reaction score
To answer your initial question, yes, SV20 and
SC20 do have the same poweramp.

Still have no freakin clue how you can enjoy
guitarplaying after powering up about 20 devices, but atleast there is a tuner in there,
somewhere.

I see your point. That said, when I go in the studio, I have a number of 'macros' or 'scenes', 'presets' or whatever you want to call them which automatically fire up the applicable equipment for the job, bring the lighting to specific levels. All done with applicable intervals to avoid overloading fuses and any pops from speakers and so on. Press the button or initiate it remotely, grab a drink while it slowly "boots" into the desired state. The only manual bits are the valve amps' power and standby switches. The AC power to the amps is switched together with the rest, and there's an emergency shutdown button, too.

On the road it's just a 19" flight case, foot controls, guitars, amps and cabs.

We all have our quirks...

RichardDM

Reaction score
I see your point. That said, when I go in the studio, I have a number of 'macros' or 'scenes', 'presets' or whatever you want to call them which automatically fire up the applicable equipment for the job, bring the lighting to specific levels. All done with applicable intervals to avoid overloading fuses and any pops from speakers and so on. Press the button or initiate it remotely, grab a drink while it slowly "boots" into the desired state. The only manual bits are the valve amps' power and standby switches. The AC power to the amps is switched together with the rest, and there's an emergency shutdown button, too.

On the road it's just a 19" flight case, foot controls, guitars, amps and cabs.

We all have our quirks...
Exactly…. Everything is preset and simple tap of a foot switch changes everything. Example on stage in a 80s cover band frist song is Leppard Hysteria tap my Rockman preset and the only thing active in my signal chain is the Rockman X100. Next song Ozzy Miracle Man, load my early Zakk preset with a tap of the footswitch & my entire rig and signal chain changes thanks to miracle of midi. The GCX switches the Rockman out of my signal chain and switches to one of the Rats, The Boost channel of the 3210, the Quadroverb & the EQ preset along with the FX900 and it’s Symphonic preset. After that let’s say some one requests some SkidRow or Whitelion, I may not have it preprogrammed in but a foot tap changes my foot controller from preset mode to Instant Access/manual mode so now im running my rig like anyone with a few pedals and a multi channel amp would I’ll tap the foot switch for my ADA OD preset and my rig automatically changes from the 3210 as my pre amp to the ADA MP1 & its OD preset. Tap the FX900 off and it’s no longer in my signal chain tap on the BBE and I have a close enough tone to get me tru that. Time for a solo in the middle of a song and want a volume boost step on my expression pedal that controls my rigs volume and hold it where I please. Solo over so I let go of the expression pedal and it returns to its normal preset position and my Rigs volume goes back to its normal preset volume level. Go take a break just throw the amp in standby. Done for the night master power switch on Furman shuts the rig down.

That’s why I run a rig like this. At home it’s just as convenient Everything is wired up and able to use at a moments notice and a tap or two on a foot switch. Most people with mutaple amps and no amp switcher will have to select the amp they want from there collection then wire it up to a cab and power and there pedal board. I’d probably loose inspiration doing that. My rig I just turn it on grab a drink or smoke we’ll the amp warms up and select what preamp I want via a few foot taps and maybe a generic fx preset like a slight delay with room reverb. Turn the amp of standby and riff not wht I was going for if it’s the ADA I’m using as the preamp tweek till happy and save. Same for the FX. Now it’s that tone is saved for later to comeback to & or record. In manual mode our rig is no different then a guy with a bunch of pedals and or amps and potentially easier/simpler to use as we have everything pre wired. In preset mode even easier as we have our tones saved as presets and the rig automatically switches what’s needed on and and what’s not off and out of our signal chain for that certain saved tone.

Last edited:

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Exactly…. Everything is preset and simple tap of a foot switch changes everything. Example on stage in a 80s cover band frist song is Leppard Hysteria tap my Rockman preset and the only thing active in my signal chain is the Rockman X100. Next song Ozzy Miracle Man, load my early Zakk preset with a tap of the footswitch & my entire rig and signal chain changes thanks to miracle of midi. The GCX switches the Rockman out of my signal chain and switches to one of the Rats, The Boost channel of the 3210, the Quadroverb & the EQ preset along with the FX900 and it’s Symphonic preset. After that let’s say some one requests some SkidRow or Whitelion, I may not have it preprogrammed in but a foot tap changes my foot controller from preset mode to Instant Access/manual mode so now im running my rig like anyone with a few pedals and a multi channel amp would I’ll tap the foot switch for my ADA OD preset and my rig automatically changes from the 3210 as my pre amp to the ADA MP1 & its OD preset. Tap the FX900 off and it’s no longer in my signal chain tap on the BBE and I have a close enough tone to get me tru that. Time for a solo in the middle of a song and want a volume boost step on my expression pedal that controls my rigs volume and hold it where I please. Solo over so I let go of the expression pedal and it returns to its normal preset position and my Rigs volume goes back to its normal preset volume level. Go take a break just throw the amp in standby. Done for the night master power switch on Furman shuts the rig down.

That’s why I run a rig like this. At home it’s just as convenient Everything is wired up and able to use at a moments notice and a tap or two on a foot switch. Most people with mutaple amps and no amp switcher will have to select the amp they want from there collection then wire it up to a cab and power and there pedal board. I’d probably loose inspiration doing that. My rig I just turn it on grab a drink or smoke we’ll the amp warms up and select what preamp I want via a few foot taps and maybe a generic fx preset like a slight delay with room reverb. Turn the amp of standby and riff not wht I was going for if it’s the ADA I’m using as the preamp tweek till happy and save. Same for the FX. Now it’s that tone is saved for later to comeback to & or record. In manual mode our rig is no different then a guy with a bunch of pedals and or amps and potentially easier/simpler to use as we have everything pre wired. In preset mode even easier as we have our tones saved as presets and the rig automatically switches what’s needed on and and what’s not off and out of our signal chain for that certain saved tone.
Things have definitely changed since the 80's, now all you need is an Axe Fx and a foot controller, direct. Not everyone would agree, but that's my take, and I've had tons of rack gear over the years (too much shit to list).

Last edited:

RichardDM

Reaction score
Things have definitely changed since the 80's, now all you need is an Axe Fx and a foot controller, direct. Not everyone would agree, but that's my take, and I've had tons of rack gear over the years (too much shit to list).
Oh i know but that wouldn't cure the GAS lol. Ill agree for live use in todays age yes a Helix/AxeFX paired with a 2x12 combo would be more then enough & do it all and save our backs in transport. But there's Something about a Nice big Rack ;) & a stack of Marshalls that gets my motor revving. So for home or recording ill stick to the real things. Plus it would be a shame to just let some iconic pieces of gear that have made numerous hit albums like a Rockman X100, ADA MP1 or any big Iorn Marshall just sit in the closet unused even know there still capable of doing there job.