Super Bowl 2022

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by StingRay85, Oct 11, 2021.

1. StingRay85

StingRay85 Well-Known Member

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the half time show with Dre, Eminem and Snoop is going to be legendary. As you can probably guess I'm in my mid 30s and grew up with this music. Although not rock, Dre is already in R&R HOF and it probably won't take long for Eminem to join him.

Nothing wrong with liking different kinds of music like Metallica, Slayer, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, N.W.A. Eazy-E Dr Dre & Eminem.

WellBurnTheSky and Lo-Tek like this.
  2. Cthulhu

Cthulhu Well-Known Member

Screw unpopular. The SB will be in LA with these LA Legends performing. I’ll take that over the crap they’ve been trotting out there for the halftime shows recently.

They totally blew an opportunity for a legendary halftime show when the Super Bowl was in ATL. Countless legends, show could’ve been epic. Instead they gave Big Boi one minute then back to the crap. That could have been an amazing show.

3. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Hell, I’m mid fifty and grew up listening to rap too. Could be a good show. Eminem usually has a live band too.
    Don’t matter who performs though- people will bitch..lol

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

First, I'm zero percent interested in team sports. My interest in team sports played by people who are doing it for the money is in negative numbers.

Second, my dislike for the entire genre of rap/hip-hop is a very high negative number. To hear it is to experience torture and suckage. So I'll be skipping this stupid bowl, just like I skipped every other one. And there's no reason for me to even tune in on the half time show.

It's not like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones or Prince are ever going to play it again, and I don't have much hope that Ted Nugent is going to do the halftime show either, because he'd cause too many people to go catatonic as there is simply no "safe space" for them to hide from his Priveleged Toxic White Male Macro Aggression. (All things I approve of.)

DaDoc, Trelwheen and PelliX like this.
  5. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

I'm one of those guys that loves the game itself but for some reason always had zero interest with the pre, half and post fluff, honestly, I don't recall ever watching a half time show regardless of who was performing! Half time of the SB is always used to get off my duff and get something else done for a bit. I admit at one time I did look forward to the commercials however lol, but really, just gimmie the game.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  6. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Its not unpopular it just really sucks!!! Although I did like the beat at the 4:30 mark...

Trelwheen likes this.
  7. PelliX

PelliX Well-Known Member

I was tempted to say something, but you already summed it up. Thanks, man. :thumb:

DaDoc and Trelwheen like this.
  8. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Let me know when the Budweiser Clydesdales get to play the game instead of the dumb jocks.

THEN I'll watch it.

DaDoc likes this.
  9. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Like I said- people will always bitch!

10. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

What? Football still hasn't been cancelled yet?

11. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Certified B.S. Launcher Double Platinum Supporting Member

I used to love feet's-ball but not interested in watching a bunch of wife beaters who climb up on top of their piles of $$$ to cry about how they're slaves to the Man and live in an oprpressive society. Sorta takes the fun out of it for anyone who thinks much.

Even less interested in watching the mind-numbing crap they hire for halftime talent.

If the current trends continue, wrestling will end up being more real than football before it's over with

:headbanger:

P.S. I ain't bitchin......I'm Mansplaining.

12. PelliX

PelliX Well-Known Member

I work for a multi-national. No, not one of the evil ones, you'll just have to take my word for it. Anyway, I recently had bunch of new agreements to sign. Generally these are just updates to 'usage of company property', 'insider trading', bla bla. This time there was one about 'Modern Slavery' outlining how we are vehemently opposed to it and must report any indication of it going on. I took the liberty to address my team and (grinning) asked whether that meant that we could at least reinstate the old kind. You should have seen the faces.

I know my humor can make a black hole look like a lit candle in comparison, but geeeesh, talk about touchy subjects ... :shrug:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  13. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

I have the same type of humor. Yeah, it doesn't always go over well...

14. StingRay85

StingRay85 Well-Known Member

Don't turn this into a grumpy old men topic lol

DreamerDeceiver likes this.
  15. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Agree 100%! :thumb:

I used to watch the SB for the halftime show..Depending on who was in it. And I haven't watched it since The Who played there.

And I'm sure as hell not crazy about hugely overpaid mental midgets who want to use their "position" to thumb their noses at the very system that's making the stupid assholes rich. As things currently stand, I refuse to support pro sports on any level..Fu*k them. :pissed:

I'm sure Uncle Ted would agree.

When I was in high school it was the freakin' football players who was the worst to screw with us "Freaks", but we stuck together and made them afraid of us..Years later, I would run into them doing something like working at Lowe's as stock boys. Fat, bald, and making minimum wages! :lol:

I guess I really owe them a debt of thanks though. They actually helped push me away from social conformity, toward being a rebel, and learning to rock out on a guitar! :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  16. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Certified B.S. Launcher Double Platinum Supporting Member

....said the hapleas poster who knew what would happen.....

Besides, who's a grumpy old man? I'm a 3ft tall midget tranny with tits like the bumper guards on a '57 Buick and a set of ZZ Top whiskers. Be careful not to offend my low-altitude sensibilities.

PelliX, StingRay85 and DaDoc like this.
  17. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about wrestling either, but I've always found it far more entertaining (and far less boring) than football..:lol:

Trelwheen likes this.
  18. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

Oh boy! I cannot wait to see this 1/2 Time Show.

Trelwheen likes this.
  19. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

yep and neither of them belong there either. wonder if they will put Marilyn Manson in
    the rappers hall of fame too now?

however i do have mad respect for Eminem and Dre, but if they had any respect
    for rock they would respectfully refuse the induction into the RnR hall knowing they
    dont belong.

Chrome and PelliX like this.
  20. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

well its gonna be a while for you then as Jay-Z has a 15 yr contract with the NFL
    to be incharge of superbowl half time shows.