Stupid Behringer analog delay

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by What?, Oct 5, 2020.

1. What?

What? Well-Known Member

I bought this thing on a whim at one point when I was delay'less, not wanting to spend much since I never was big on delay anyway. I just wanted something for a little slapback once in a while, but I ended up hating it and stuck it on a shelf with other pedals. Since I recently traded away a pretty nice delay and don't yet have an external spring reverb for my plexi clone, I tried the Behringer at modest ambient settings again just to see, which sucked me into using it as a more prominent delay, and I'm actually digging it. The darkness of analog delay works well with the brightness of a plexi. It's one of those cheapo Vintage Delays. It really is stupid how they labeled the knobs though. The 'Echo' knob is dry/wet, and the 'Intensity' knob is feedback. Those knobs should be labeled the other way around, or the more sensible traditional labels.

[​IMG]

Apparently there is an internal trimmer is these things to change the delay time range too. Worst pedal ever has been promoted today to not bad at all really. And some people replace the trimmer with a pot mounted sideways on the case.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

It's a $25.00 pedal made in China.:facepalm:

What is there to complain about? :nutkick:

FWIW: I own it and like it's functionality. :drunk:

3. What?

What? Well-Known Member

I paid $40 if I remember correctly. : /

Lance Chambers likes this.
  4. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

Ditto! I paid $22.00 final cost after discount and cash back. :thumb:

tce63 likes this.
  5. jeffb

jeffb Well-Known Member

I have one. It's very similar to the old Boss Analog BBD pedal I had back in ancient times- the reddish one.

It's pretty cheaply built. The jacks are terrible, very soft connection and easy to unplug. Switch is pretty weak. I wouldn't trust it for gigging at all.

But tonally, not sure I found it much worse than the MXR Carbon Copy I had- maybe a bit less versatile with the range of time, modulation and wet/dry signal. But if you like the dark but pretty clean BBD repeats, it's a great deal (and what?.. 1/6 the price of the MXR?)

I paid $25 or so from Sweetwater about 2 years ago + tax. It was the normal price, but I got free shipping so..If anyone paid $40 I'd say you got gipped unless you are supporting a local mom & pop.:hmm:

6. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Another good cheapo is the Danelectro's. The big metal Dan Echo can be had for as low as 35 bux and the little plastic one Fab echo like 20, they sound damn good too. The Dan Echo is great for rockabilly slapback.