>

Strat Wiring Preferences, What's Yours?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by jmp45, May 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

The Schaller Megaswitch E in my Parker p-38 ejected the axis bolt, it's lost so it needed to be replaced. It's an HSS configured guitar and I'm planing to wire it up like I did years ago. I prefer not to use the middle single by itself. In the middle 3rd position it brings in bridge single closest to the neck and the neck single. It almost has a tele vibe and it's hum canceling.

HSS4 configuration..

https://schaller.info/en/megaswitch-e

I put a cheap switch in til the Schaller E comes in, standard HSS wiring. It's ok but could be so much better. A standard 5 way can't be wired like this as far as I know. I may do the same with this HSS strat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. fitz288

fitz288 Well, Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Lots of options for HSS & HSH configurations.
    Those freeway 10 position switches make even more options.
    Products - freewayswitch
    I can see how one might want to get some sort of single coil option on the HB(s).
    When I rewired my Squire HSS, I left the switch wiring standard, but changed to neck/mid vol, bridge vol & master tone.

jmp45 likes this.
  3. tonycaster

tonycaster Active Member

HSS strats with auto split in pos.2 (bridge/mid), otherwise tone bypassed in pos. 2 and 4 with SSS config, all pickups the same (no RWRP mid): the so called Scott Henderson wiring, magic for SSS to avoid going back and forth with the tone pot

jmp45 likes this.