Spark Practice Amp

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Joe Boots, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Joe Boots

Joe Boots New Member

I had mentioned in a different thread that I was getting one of these and someone wanted me to post about it when I got it.
    Well it got delivered last night, the delivery was a little long (2.5 weeks), but I guess with the pandemic it was ok.

So this thing is the ultimate practice amp for all skill levels. The size is pretty tiny, I will take some pictures when I get home again, but it has a GREAT sound.

The app interface is SUPER easy to use to dial up different tones. Step 1. Click on the "Tonecloud" button. Step 2. Search Zakk Wylde. Step 3. Shred your face off. Repeat as necessary. There is certainly no shortage of tones too.

The coolest feature is that you can search any song on youtube or spotify or Apple music and it will give you the chords that are playing. It is pretty darn accurate for the couple songs I looked up. They are seriously ANY song, I looked up The Walking Papers and Staticland and they both popped up.

There is a "Jam mode" that was pretty cool, I only played with that briefly last night.

Another cool thing, which I haven't gotten into yet, is it is also a DAW and gives you software to record on.

I highly recommend this amp for anyone who is in the market for something to practice around on. The one negative is that it would need to be mic'd up if you were to play out, and it might not be as easy to use if you were playing with a band as a traditional amp and pedal set up would be.

But damn is it fun.

Hope this sheds any light on anyone looking into it, well worth the money.

2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

i want one of these amps too

3. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I have one and I really like it too. Its a fun and convenient amp to have around.

Joe Boots likes this.
  4. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Good deal Joe.. :yesway: Spark is an amazing little 40w amp, one of my favorite purchases of 2020. It's pretty amazing everthing that amp and software offers. I still have a Code 50 and it can't touch this amp for simplicity and flexibility. Everyone one on this board should have one as well as a 1959 and 1987 ;)

Joe Boots likes this.
  5. John BNY

John BNY Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

I got mine last summer. It's amazing how much this little amp can do and yet cost so little. I was practicing bass guitar on this thing today, and it sounded OK. Quite remarkable considering the amp has two 4 inch speakers.

Joe Boots and jmp45 like this.