Sometimes They Come Back

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by saxon68, Feb 25, 2018.

1. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

so back in 2013 or so, I was offered a spot playing bass in a band and didn’t have any extra cash laying about. Traded my trans red Charvel DC1-ST for a bass at a pawnshop. I bought that guitar as a scratch n dent for about 450.

A few weeks later I went back and wanted to buy it, but they wanted more than I’d paid for it originally and I was irritated and passed. Couple weeks later I decided screw it and was going to pay it as it was still a couple hundred cheaper than new.

Went in and it was sold. Gone.

I’ve been watching craigslist and other sites for more of the guitars as they are a great bang for the buck, and got one off reverb for 250 bucks, same model in teal. (The one in my avatar pic)

Still been watching in case another red one comes up, and this morning saw one locally. Checked out the pictures, and the serial matched my old one! Messaged the guy and it’s going to be coming back to me for 230 bucks :) the only thing changed is the nut on the input jack kept coming loose so he super glued it. We chatted and he’s the guy who bought it from the pawnshop, so no other owners in between.

Now if I could only find my old model 2, and my old Kramer Nightswan.....

S.A.T.O. and Trelwheen like this.
  2. John BNY

John BNY Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Congrats! Great story.

saxon68 likes this.
  3. S.A.T.O.

S.A.T.O. Well-Known Member

Congrats - that’s awesome!

saxon68 likes this.