>

Some clips and pics from last weeks gigs

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by flyinguitars, Apr 12, 2021.

1. flyinguitars

flyinguitars Well-Known Member

Hey MFers
    I hope all is well. We did our first show since September and our first indoor since covid-19 hit last spring.
    Thankfully we sold out both shows on good Friday and had a couple hundred live streams, so we were happy but a little shakey during the first show .lol

I figured I'd post up some pics and clips. Also we did an interview with my son about his live gear. I think it came out pretty good for doing it on the fly.
    Anyway, here's some stuff to look at and listen to when you get a chance. Im stage right on guitar, my son is stage left.

[​IMG]

My son's pauls
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Diary of a madman

Bark at the moon solo

My son's gear interview

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Good to see ya back FG. Great stuff as usual.
    BP

flyinguitars likes this.
  3. JeffMcLeod

JeffMcLeod Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

4. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Great stuff and glad to see you are out playing a bit! Maybe soon this BS fabricated c hinese shat will be over and we all can get back to a semi normal human life?!?! Rock on!

flyinguitars likes this.
  5. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

Good stuff as usual. You can see how you guys have matured over the years as a band. Loved the candles, nice Ozzy touch!

I can't wait to get back to normal life too.

My son and I did have the "fabricated Covid" last month. Just sayin'.

Old Punker and flyinguitars like this.
  6. Australian

Australian Green Beret Silver Supporting Member VIP Member

Sounds amazing! Your son plays Randys solo's so well.

flyinguitars likes this.
  7. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

Yes he does. He's a gifted player as well as his father. You guys as a band, even with Covid, have progressed since you guys started.

Now this isn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings. Musically, you guys sound great. Vocally, your singer has the tone of Ozzy's voice with the nasal character down fairly well. But his voice wavers quite a bit.

In the recordings in this thread, and I don't know if it's due to how it was recorded, but the singer is too present so his wavering becomes more present.

Again, you guys sound great and are far better musicians then I will ever be.

That's the only minor critic I can point to.

And the next question, some day you guys are gonna say, "Ok this is getting old, what's next?".

8. flyinguitars

Thanks BP. I've been super busy at work and have been caring for my mom, so i haven't had much free time to stop in here....felt great to get out and finally play again!

Thanks MD! We are headed back up to your area on Sept 10 for a date that been rescheduled 2 or 3 times due to covid. I may bring my youngest son up to that one and he may sit in a song or two on drums.

Thanks! We had the covid too....back in Sep the whole family had it. Kid were better in 2 days..lol....my wife and I took a bit longer but made full recoveries. Hope you and your son are back to normal!

Thanks Aus! He loves playing Randy's songs and solos.

9. flyinguitars

Yes i agree. He is way up in the mix and really dry. I think its due to the venue using a board mix for that livestream broadcast. That was from our early show and it sounds like its straight off the board with very little input from the ambient mic that they had out in the room. He smokes a lot of weed and his pitch usually suffers because of it.....he was probably wasted during those clips from the first show....lol

I just got the second show and its a lot better (mix wise)...our singer seemed to have settled in too but had some issues with pitch in a couple spots.

I say "this is getting old before every show."..lol...but once we get going, I usually end up having fun. I've found that doing the tribute deal, the people who come out are usually big fans of the music and really enjoy it. We really dont have to work as hard to win them over (as compared to a cover band in a bar), so the cards are stacked in our favor...once we get going, there is usually a good vibe going around and we remember that we are not the real stars but just a band trying to give a good show and we focus on having a good time and trying to pull off the material as best as we can.

My son in a VH tribute too and fills in with a few band locally, so he's got plenty other music to keep him busy. He'll probably grow tired of this someday, but for now he's still into it, so I'm happy to support him as the utility guitarist in the band..haha

Sustainium, Old Punker and Garrett like this.
  10. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

Sounds killer, let me know when you’re coming to tally ho theater again.

11. flyinguitars

Thanks! Hey my son's vh tribute is at the tally ho tomorrow night -sat april 17...he leaves about 9am in the morning from here because its about a 4 hour drive. If you're around check them out...he rips the evh stuff and they do a great job on the whole vh experience.

Old Punker likes this.
  12. Old Punker

Old Punker Well-Known Member

Very cool! Did you travel back in time and bring back a young Ozzy?

13. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

Ahh it’s sold out.