SOLDANO SLO 100 AND CERIATONE

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Darthslater, Jan 11, 2022 at 4:12 PM.

1. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

Only downside on Ceriatone is the long lead time for a build, and they’re rare on the used market.

Darthslater likes this.
  2. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

Nobody sells them it seems, and if they do they want more than a new one! I just ordered a couple knowing I will be selling at least one. But at least with these I have no fear of sitting on it forever or being able to get all my money back.

3. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

I checked with Nik. The SLO is still in the works, however they are so backed up they are ONLY shipping what they can right now. This is why I can't order my custom amp I wanted to try, but the King Kong may do it for me anyway. We were going to try making a complete 2 ch Chupacabra amp. As for the Molecular, it is a Cameron Atomica, not a Soldano.

4. Deftone

Deftone Well-Known Member

FWIW: (maybe nothing) but Randy at Phaez amps built me a low watt Mesa Dual rec clone, (which he claimed is an SLO rip off) Came out to be around 35w, I named it the "Nailbomb." Chassis alone cost me about $800, It's my favorite amp.

Phaez Nailbomb .jpg

Sourmash built me a headbox with no front panel and I made the panel myself, sort of a SLO/Single rec tribute.

5. chromeboy

chromeboy Well-Known Member

I can't afford a soldano. Always loved their tone. So, I bought two Jet City heads and cabs. The ones with the soldano name on on them and they are pretty close. Best thing is that each head cost me much less than an original soldano. These amps ( if you can find one) sound amazing to me. Great for metal, melodic metal, 80's hard rock and much more.
    You don't have to spend a ton of money on ney for a good sounding Amp.

6. Darthslater

Darthslater New Member

FROM NIK AT CERIATONE:

[email protected]]
    Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 3:09 AM
    To: Nik S Azam
    Subject: Re: HELLO NIK..QUESTION SOLDANO SLO 100

OK NIK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME I HAD TO ASK I KNOW MANY GUYS WANTING ONE OF THESE. BUT I AM STILL WANTING THE SOLDANO..HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FIX THE FLAWS IN THE ORIGINAL..WITH A REALLY GOOD FX LOOP AND GOOD CLEAN CHANNEL...

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 2:03:16 PM EST, Nik S Azam <[email protected]> wrote:

Dean

I see.

Too complicated of an amp, that would not be possible done on turret boards like we do. Needs PCB designed very specifically for it.

As a product, it will not be that attractive for us, business wise. There'd be a niche market for those who want it, but most wouldn’t want a 4 channel amp like that.

Thanks!

Nik

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 2:43 AM

THEY ONLY MADE A LIMITED RUN JOE SATRIANI HELPED DEVELOP IT, ONLY 500 MADE IN SPECIAL BLUE TOLEX AND THE REST WERE BLACK IT HAS ALL THE BEST FEATURES OF MARSHALLS BEST AMPLIFIERS THE CLEAN CHANELL BASED ON JTM 45, THE CRUNCH IS BASED ON JTM 2203 800 AND THE RED CHANNEL IS A HOTRODDED 800 THE CLEAN CHANNEL RIVALS ANY FENDER AND IS BETTER THAN ALMOST ANY OTHER AMP OUT THERE...THEY ARE NO LONGER PRODUCING THIS LEGEND MANY PEOPLE SEARCHING FOR THEM VERY HARD TO FIND EVEN USED PEOPLE NOT SELLING THEM IF YOU MADE A CLONE IT WOULD BE A SURE SELLER!! HERE IS SOME INFORMATION

JVM410HJS <https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/archive/jvm410hjs>

<https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/archive/jvm410hjs>

JVM410HJS

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 1:29:40 PM EST, Nik S Azam <[email protected]> wrote:

Dean

I have no idea what that is.

Thanks!

Nik

Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:02 PM

ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT MAKING THE SATRIANI MARSHALL?

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 4:33:00 AM EST, Nik S Azam <[email protected]> wrote:

Dean

Thanks for the email

Sorry, nothing yet on the JVM

As for SLO, we'd be releasing it soon, actually, within this year.

Thanks!

Nik

Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:44 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: HELLO NIK..QUESTION SOLDANO SLO 100

i HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO MANY OF YOUR AMPS AND I HAVE A COUPLE QUESTIONS ONE IS, I AM FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO OWN A JVM410 JS WHICH OF COURSE IS RARE NOW I THINK IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU REPLICATED THAT PARTICULAR MODEL AND ALSO, WHICH OF YOUR AMPS IS MOST LIKE A SOLDANO SLO? I WOULD LOVE THE CLEAN CHANNEL OF MY JVM JS

Derek S likes this.
  7. 2203xman

2203xman Well-Known Member

Ceriatone is a great company.Nik is crazy friendly and will remember you for years after building you an amp.I love my Ceriatone plexi.

Derek S and Springfield Scooter like this.