SOLD Hopkins Pandora...♫

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
For Sale Hopkins Pandora High Gain Modded Marshall. SOLD

Plug Straight in.

LINK FOR PHOTO's
https://reverb.com/item/33056017-marsha ... black-gold

Controls: Gain, Master Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence & V-Mod.

This 2008 Marshall Reissue 1987X is now a Hopkins Modded “PANDORA”.

These do not become available often especially as a Marshall.

Has Master, Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass & Presence with Fixed Resonance.

The great news. It has all original Dagnall Iron. I just replaced three of the four preamp tubes with JJECC83S (Rippin’)! The Phase Inverter was in great shape. Two new off the shelf JJEL34 power tubes. (Bias Set). All new matching knobs.

I removed the faulting junk stock Marshall fx loop & replaced it with a superior Metropoulos Zero Loss Effects Loop.

Plug into the top High Gain for growling chords & singing harmonic single lead line notes just like in the video or bring it down a notch and plug into the Low (lesser) Gain for 70’s Rock.

Add to the pleasure by switching on the “V-Mod” voltage dissipation mod. This takes the amp even further into down town brown sound and feels like the strings are part of your fingers.

The ugly is simply that someone at some time dropped the head & broke the head box floor from the rest of the head box. Structurally it is a very professional repair. In fact better than original from the factory as this will hold up to a greater drop if it would ever happen again. The tolex on both sides of bottom from front to back are however separated but unnoticeable when placed on cab.

Perfect for home as the Master Volume works at a whisper and will take a mans head clean of if desired.

Hit me with any questions you like.

SHIPS CONUS ONLY. FedEx or UPS only.

Thank you for the interest.

David Hopkins...♫

Last edited:

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I’m glad you are enjoying your Pandora.

David

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn if it wasn't for the virus I'd buy another one to run them in stereo. As always, your amps are amazing. Keep up the good work Brother !!!!!

I run mine in stereo by slaving one of the loop returns into the power section of a Mesa Triple Rec. I keep the Hopkins connected to a Marshall 4x12 w/V30s for the dry signal, with a pair of Mesa Recto 4x12 Cabs on each side powered by the Triple for the wet signal. It sounds absolutely EPIC.

It's kind of a faux-W/D/W, but I'm so satisfied with the tone than I never worried about getting a dedicated stereo power-amp. I can't imagine this setup sounding any better.

ZF9HvPP.jpg

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mine in stereo by slaving one of the loop returns into the power section of a Mesa Triple Rec. I keep the Hopkins connected to a Marshall 4x12 w/V30s for the dry signal, with a pair of Mesa Recto 4x12 Cabs on each side powered by the Triple for the wet signal. It sounds absolutely EPIC.

It's kind of a faux-W/D/W, but I'm so satisfied with the tone than I never worried about getting a dedicated stereo power-amp. I can't imagine this setup sounding any better.

ZF9HvPP.jpg

I love that set up. Any chance I might be able to get a audio recording of it? And I’m so glad you’re still happy with your Amp.

Thanks for the great words, David

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try and get you one. Having the Hopkins 800 running through both EL34 and 6L6 power sections really helps build on each other's strengths... you get the mid-focused Marshall crunch & grind of the EL34s blended with the rounder tighter low-end from the 6L6s. It's a dream amp/setup. :shred2:

Latest posts