So Now Whole Teams Are Going To Protest.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Oldpunk, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Man, don't you know?? It is a living breathing thing whenever someone wants to chip away at the bill of rights. On the other hand when they want to change the law of the land it isn't.

mazzefr and MexicanMike like this.
  2. SmokeyDopey

SmokeyDopey Well-Known Member VIP Member

So back to the current event...
    Is this a recent trend? If it is happening often, what does that imply?

3. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

you knew the patriots would win on 9/11 right?

4. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

And thats why I cant stand football. Just a bunch of cons, ex-cons and future cons who dont know enough to shut the phuck up and play ball because w/o the game most would be making min wage at best if not in jail. If this was South Korea, the dirty bastards would be feed to the dogs, maybe they should think about that??? If America is so bad leave and leave now...

The worse part is that stupid Americans continue to watch and pay money supporting this crap.

chiliphil1 likes this.
  5. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I don't know why they would leave.
    As citizens they are within their rights to protest.
    Maybe you should leave if you don't support citizens being able to protest? That's kind of one of the cornerstones of our country.

But I do agree pro sports are dumb...NASCAR could be the worst. round and round in circles. haha

Far Rider, The Ozzk and Ghostman like this.
  6. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

yea don't worry now F1 has American owners , you'll soon be paying for that , but there is a 1% chance it will be on freeview so you can watch high speed motor sport with corners that vary and absolutely no circles

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Who is it that keeps this going, the guy sitting on the field or all the old white guys soaking their Depends over it? Keep it up guys and every sporting event in the country will become a platform for political expression.
    BTW_This thread has gone on for days and pages, but a thread about institutional racism wouldn't get to page two before one of you nuked it. Why is that?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Lo-Tek likes this.
  8. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Lo-Tek and Biddlin like this.
  9. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

Mama says...

upload_2016-9-12_9-59-29.jpeg

Lo-Tek, Ghostman and The Ozzk like this.
  10. MarshallDog

If you dont like a Country where people have died to free people in bad situations then leave and go to a better one. Dont piss and moan about it leave. Plus these idiots are paid to play ball NOT use their position to piss and moan about BS. When you are famous and in the spot light you need to act better than the average joe.

And don't attack NASCAR until you understand it becasue it is very obvious you make comments about things you know nothing about. Going around in circles versus chasing a little ball up and down the field like the 8 year olds I see doing the same in local parks, OK Buddy!!!???

FYI, there are no convicts in NASCAR, they all speak English great, they salute the flag, their Country, Service Men & Women and GOD and they have their families there. They are clean cut and don't act like animals on TV giving young kids someone real to look up to. Now, the number of people behind each driver makes football look like pre-schoolers. There is more engineering, craftsmanship, design, statistical computations, stamina, conditioning, stratagies throughout the entire team to drive a car at these speeds for 3-4 hours without getting out and having a break, Sh-t, football players have so many time outs and stand around so much its retard funny then a half time break...really so they can rest up???

Don't get me wrong, football WAS a good sport and I did like it but these days these low-lifes are ruining it. If these guys want to protest, go do it outside of the sport, I for one, and it appears many others, don't want to hear it and/or see the disrespect these sh-t stains are now doing, if we want that we can turn on the news or read the paper...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    chiliphil1, Oldpunk and 12barjunkie like this.
  11. The Ozzk

The Ozzk Well-Known Member

Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer, and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult…. All that was required of them was a primitive patriotism which could be appealed to whenever it was necessary to make them accept longer working hours or shorter rations. And when they become discontented, as they sometimes did, their discontentment led nowhere, because being without general ideas, they could only focus it on petty specific grievances.

George Orwell, ‘1984’

12. Ghostman

Argumentative. :rofl:

13. Ghostman

Everyone needs to use whatever means necessary to stand up and bring light on whatever transgressions they believe in. Having a National spotlight on you without saying anything, is a waste of a podium.

I fear not those who oppose me. I fear those that choose to stand idly by.

14. The Ozzk

;)

Ghostman likes this.
  15. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

NASCAR. Would it not be better with a Figure 8? I mean who as a kid had a race track that would have used an oval if they could configure a Figure 8 instead?

I am just throwing that out there. It is more than doable so give the people more for their money.

at a minimum:
    drag race - straight line
    animals - oval
    cars - Figure 8
    submarines - you cannot see them anyway

The Ozzk likes this.
  16. The Ozzk

:yesway:

17. MarshallDog

I agree people should have the right to say what they want to some point meaning, (1) its legitimate, (2) its truthful, (3) it does not create riots/hatred and (3) it is done at the right place and the right time. In this example, they should not use their job as a protest platform. They can do it on their own time and on the correct platform but then again, that would take extra work, time and effort and most people that complain are lazy and wont do it the proper way...they just like to bit-ch and complain.

18. mickeydg5

[​IMG]

It may be hard to get a submarine to do that.

19. mickeydg5

Isn't the other team's defensive line oppressing him. He should take a knee in protest at every snap. Actually he should stay on his knee(s).

MarshallDog and Oldpunk like this.
  20. The Ozzk

MarshallDog, I agree in part with your sentiment, but other than the confines of the law, limiting freedom of expression has proven difficult and more importantly, dangerous.

For example, this thread wouldn't be allowed under strict observance of forum rules as it has the inherent risk of becoming political, with all the implications that that may carry. However, given measured responses from members, this conversation is taking place.

What I'm trying to say is that with certain level of civility and avoiding belligerent discourse, some uncomfortable discussions can be had.

I think. :yesway:

Ghostman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.