So Now Whole Teams Are Going To Protest.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Oldpunk, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldpunk

Oldpunk Well-Known Member

12barjunkie likes this.
  2. LPMarshall hack

LPMarshall hack Well-Known Member

I've said before...I support their right to protest, but what they are protesting is a BS lie.

keennay, Bear R. and krudler like this.
  3. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

The University of Missouri Tigers were going to protest last year when an African American student had a hunger strike because of "systematic racism" at the school. I won't get into all of the specifics, but they were going to boycott a game and not play. They eventually backed down. Some of the team said everyone was for it and others said only some were for it. Alumni donors complained to the school and the football coach who said he was proud of the team all of the sudden retired due to "health concerns".

They are coddled kids who get a free education. If they sat out they should have lost their free scholarship.

It all comes down to money. The NFL wouldn't do anything unless they started losing money.

DaDoc likes this.
  4. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom >>> Moderator <<< Staff Member

If people don't like it, they should protest the NFL, maybe boycott every game, especially the Super Bowl. That would make them consider the cost of supporting misbehavior. They are the "National" football league. Maybe they should be required to lose their national title, since they don't support the nation...

DaDoc, chiliphil1 and Bear R. like this.
  5. Marshall Stack

I think it is interesting that the Team USA coach said he would bench anyone who didn't stand for the national anthem.

DaDoc and 12barjunkie like this.
  6. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✴- - - - - TEH - - - - -✴ ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

The country; a dump.
    The crap being taught in colleges today; dump.
    I see what they put in the thoughts and minds of my nieces and nephews; victimization, entitlement, and dump. These kids will never excel at anything in America. They're being forever trained to be an ineffective part of a system of mindless control; victims of a hopeless dump, if you will. (And even if you won't.) My own niece has admitted to "having" to steal food from her job at a local stop N shop just to "survive", even though overtime was available to her as well as outside work. Never mind that she has an apartment, a car, a motorcycle and a roommate. She told us this with great pride last Thanksgiving day while overtly expressing her 'vast' liberal viewpoints, and pointing to the rest of us older folks in the family claiming that her 'poor, pitiful circumstances' are what they are because YOU (we) made the country this way for them. I tell ya, every one of us had all we could do to keep from slapping the living shit out of her that day. And none of us will lend her a helping hand again when she cries poverty. She gets nothing unless she works for it. THAT's the American way, kiddo.

It goes back to the old Shirley Temple song and dance: "Oh, The World Owes Me a Living".

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  7. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✴- - - - - TEH - - - - -✴ ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

'Merica ain't got the patriotism for that anymore. In fact, patriotism is the operative evil word. Lack of patriotism is the whole idea behind this mentality of world dump.

DaDoc and LPMarshall hack like this.
  8. Marshall Stack

[​IMG]

As spoken by Vince...

9. 12barjunkie

12barjunkie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I DO NOT support their right to protest in such a manner. It is in fact, illegal. Every player that does so should be banned from the NFL! Bunch of ungrateful pussies!

cornhusker86, Ransom, DaDoc and 2 others like this.
  10. Marshall Stack

[​IMG]

11. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

WOW!... was that taken outta context.

Um, yeah. People "should"... not "will" ... kinda part of the whole free society thing.

Plus,...This code is the guide for all handling and display of the Stars and Stripes. It does not impose penalties for misuse of the United States Flag. That is left to the states and to the federal government for the District of Columbia. Each state has its own flag law.

12. Söulcaster

Söulcaster Well-Known Member VIP Member

Although hypocritical on so many levels, at least it's a peaceful protest.

Peace

Ghostman likes this.
  13. krudler

krudler Active Member

hmm. people being paid orders of magnitude more than i will make in a lifetime for playing a game are going to protest "unfairness and racism". oh the rich, rich irony.

chiliphil1 and DaDoc like this.
  14. rick16v

rick16v Well-Known Member

I don't think sports events should be political stages.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    DaDoc and Hisssssssssssssssss like this.
  15. MexicanMike

MexicanMike Well-Known Member

At first I was like really???? but now I kind of get it. On two different sites I visit this topic came up, both of them ended up being locked. We are so screwed if we can't come to the table & least talk it out.

16. Oldpunk

Oldpunk Well-Known Member

Sure, they have a right and it's peaceful but is kneeling down in protest of cops in support for a movement like BLM who call for the killing of them something anyone can justify peaceful or not? Cops, with families, doing their jobs to support them protecting us being blindly targeted.

Its just so stupid and so offensive I can't believe that a) they get away with it without losing any sponsors and b) more people arent refusing to watch and boycotting....I sure will be.

[​IMG]

17. LPMarshall hack

Anyone who supports the BLM and their hypocritical message is an idiot.

chiliphil1 and krudler like this.
  18. Gunner64

Gunner64 Emotional Support Animal Gold Supporting Member

Im of the opinion if they really care kneeling on a football field isnt going to do anything about it. Take some of the overpaid millions you have and do something positive with it. Preach to law inforcement...to people on how to behave for saftey in the event your stopped.. Why isnt the same passion involved in protesting the killings on Chicagos south side? Many many more lives are lost there...Dont black lives matter there??. Protest all you want its your right as an american..but maybe do a bit of cleaning in your own house too...it would give the whole thing much more crediblity as people are being killed at a much more alarming rate in Chicago than anywhere else..

19. MexicanMike

MexicanMike Well-Known Member

This is how threads get shutdown. Not trying to be a dick but we are only 50-60 years removed from Jim Crowe Laws. I have no white guilt, my family came off the boat in 1920 BUT I stick up for the underdog. These people were raped, murdered & enslaved, stripped of their families & their heritage.

20. LPMarshall hack

What does this have to do with my post? Their message is misguided, along with the ones who believe it. They are protesting the wrong people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.