So Chill

Riffraff

Reaction score
Finally took some time off last week. It was a good break from my workplace insanity. I stayed off my email because I really didn't want to see what I would be facing come Monday morning. Got a little jam in on Sunday.

Gear: The usual Tele & Rockmaster rack preamp

The short cell phone video in the beginning of this of the Koi swimming near the edge of this pond with birds chirping in the background was the motivation. It's at my mother's house which my wife & I spent months fixing up and cleaning out late last year so we could list it for sale. Koi & carp are all that is in this pond except for an occasional snapping turtle who makes his way there a few times a season to do a little population control. His friend the kingfisher is a better hunter. We used to leave some plastic adirondack chairs by the edge of the pond but the kingfisher used them as a place to sit and eat the fish he caught so they were always covered with scales and blood. I took them away. At least we don't see the mess and wonder if he got one of our favorites anymore. There are a few whoppers in this pond that have clearly escaped that fate for a really long time. Probably 20+ years because they are the biggest koi I've ever seen, 16 - 20 inches. There are hundreds of small ones so I tell myself he got one of those.

UPAUSmq.jpg

Opened my email on Monday morning. :facepalm:
😖😫

Back to the grind....

Last edited:

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally took some time off last week. It was a good break from my workplace insanity. I stayed off my email because I really didn't want to see what I would be facing come Monday morning. Got a little jam in on Sunday.

Gear: The usual Tele & Rockmaster rack preamp

The short cell phone video in the beginning of this of the Koi swimming near the edge of this pond with birds chirping in the background was the motivation. It's at my mother's house which my wife & I spent months fixing up and cleaning out late last year so we could list it for sale. Koi & carp are all that is in this pond except for an occasional snapping turtle who makes his way there a few times a season to do a little population control. His friend the kingfisher is a better hunter. We used to leave some plastic adirondack chairs by the edge of the pond but the kingfisher used them as a place to sit and eat the fish he caught so they were always covered with scales and blood. I took them away. At least we don't see the mess and wonder if he got one of our favorites anymore. There are a few whoppers in this pond that have clearly escaped that fate for a really long time. Probably 20+ years because they are the biggest koi I've ever seen, 16 - 20 inches. There are hundreds of small ones so I tell myself he got one of those.

UPAUSmq.jpg

Opened my email on Monday morning. :facepalm:
😖😫

Back to the grind....

Very good to listen to.
It's like a lesson: here are some of the tried and true ways...