Slightly Obscure JVM Footswitch Question when using both 410H and 215c

philthejuggler

Reaction score
Hi all

I hope someone can help!

I have a JVM 410H and have attached the 6-button footswitch on my pedal board. Carrying a head and cab to rehearsals is getting tedious, so I thought I might get a 215C for rehearsals and save the 410H for gigging.

Does anybody know what happens when I plug my 6-button footswitch into a 215C? I know it is compatible but I don't know if it needs re-programming between amps.

My footswitch is set up

1: Clean channel button (repeat hitting to cycle through modes)
2: Crunch (repeat hitting to cycle through modes)
3: OD1 (repeat hitting to cycle through modes)
4: OD2 (repeat hitting to cycle through modes)
5: Master Volume Toggle
6: Reverb Toggle

Would 1, 3, 5 & 6 work as usual with 2 / 4 simply inoperable? If yes - that's fine.

The nightmare scenario is nothing works, or it does something weird until I re-program it - I really don't want to fiddle with it between gigs and rehearsals!

Thanks in anticipation!

Phil

spacerocker

Reaction score
The short answer is "Yes I'm pretty confident it will work"

This is because you have programmed your footswitch in "switch store mode" so it will control the same switch on the JVM215 as it would have done on the JVM410, if that switch exists on the JVM215. So as you have correctly noted, 2 and 4 have no relevance to the 215C

Obviously button 1 on the footswitch will now cycle through CLEAN GREEN>CRUNCH ORANGE>CRUNCH RED, not the clean channel modes (as there is only one clean mode on a JVM215).

I think the worst thing that could happen is that button 1 may not work and you might have to use button 2 on the footswitch to cycle between CLEAN GREEN, CRUNCH ORANGE and CRUNCH RED, but my expectation would be for button 1 to work as normal....

philthejuggler

Reaction score
Many thanks - I decided to buy the 215 and try it - buttons 1/3 and 2/4 map to clean-crunch/Overdrive.

Whether you press 1 or 3, the Led on button 3 remains lit - similarly pressing 2 or 4 leaves button 4 lit.

Buttons 5 & 6 behave as expected.