>

Slash...#34 #36 #39 Please explain

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Joe2000, Sep 18, 2010.

1. MickeyJ

MickeyJ Well-Known Member

the guy's got something ( apart from equipment that belongs to other people), there's no doubt about that, very melodic, yet very aggressive when he wanted to be ( WTTJungle), and quite original.
    Seeking out his gear to get his tone - is a waste of time.
    He'd sound like himself on anyones marshall and les paul, and you'd sound just like yourself on his equipment.
    When you look at it, the guy doesn't go for much bling, just a juiced up 800, and there's no magic to one of them either. i do think if you got a guitar like his, you'd be heading in the right direction, but

* you likely have zero chance of that happening
    * if one magically appeared, what would you do with it?

2. marco_giampa23

marco_giampa23 Well-Known Member

Mainly wanted to steal it as they wouldnt sell it to him. Why didnt he just ask what the mod was and who did it though, stupid

3. TheLoudness!!

TheLoudness!! Active Member

I believe it is chasing unicorns because he was most likely on so many drugs at that time that he didn't recall. People tend to not loan out things to people that are known users and for good reason.

It seems to me that about any Jubilee (or JCM800) and a decent Les Paul would get you into the ballpark. Recorded tone vs live tone will always be apples to oranges for obvious reasons.