Show Us Your Tone Stack

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by NewReligion, Jun 11, 2012.

1. NewReligion

NewReligion Well-Known Member VIP Member

Very Nice Indeed.

David :cheers:

Lespaulnmarshall likes this.
  2. Harlequin tusk

Harlequin tusk Well-Known Member

Lespaulnmarshall,

I LIKE that Boogie combo..real nice!! Bet that thing sounds great!

3. Blokkadeleider

Blokkadeleider Well-Known Member

I had a little jcm800 combo just like that.
    Was my first proper amp.

Gr,

Gerrit.

4. Lespaulnmarshall

Lespaulnmarshall Well-Known Member

Yeah the boogie sounds very nice. It has some mods done to it to make it sound a bit more like a dumble, and I found a setting that really gets the dumble tone spot on. But it can still do mesa/boogie MK III tones when needed. I really love that amp. The sounds I get from it are wonderful. I use it 80% of the time because it's so portable and versatile. The thing goes from fender/dumble jazzy cleans to Marshall crunch to dumble lead to mesa metal and everything in between. the build quality is really good too and the amp is in great condition for it's age. Also it has plenty of features. Especially the GEQ, it just takes the awsome sound the amp makes and makes it even better. The reverb is pretty useless though, but I have a great reverb pedal so that's not really an issue for me. My MK III is a blue stripe, probably my favourite revision of all mkIII's.

5. scat7s

scat7s Well-Known Member VIP Member

im surprised to hear that...thats old school tube driven spring reverb...

6. diesect20022000

diesect20022000 In Memorandum VIP Member

I ownder if it's the same tanks they used in the Carvin MTS 3200? Those things are nice amps but the reverb sucks. it's very boigy. it sounds like a loose spring mattress support. at low levels it's inaudible and from noon on it's overbearing and bongy. it pops too when using a percussive guitar like a chambered les paul.

7. Lespaulnmarshall

Lespaulnmarshall Well-Known Member

Yup it is. But even though it has a spring reverb tank and it's tube driven it's not a very good reverb. It's the reverb circuit that's not very good and the reverb tank is quite small too. If you leave it stock the reverb is very subtle and hard to hear in a band mix. The reverb knob seems to add more unwanted noises and uncontrollable feedback than reverb. It is a common upgrade to replace rhe reverb tank in this amp.

Luckily i have this reverb pedal that just sounds wonderful and works well with any amp. I don't have this smaller version, i have the larger, older one:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5DaxU0_DGc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

8. 66 galaxie

66 galaxie Well-Known Member VIP Member

So, I just jammed through this little jem tonight and talked my buddy into letting me borrow it for a few days. ( I hope he forgets about it :naughty: )
    Anyway, an old Lectrolab, holy crap, you gotta hear this little beast roar :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

diesect20022000 likes this.