Should’ve went with what I knew to be true!

trax1139

Reaction score
When
Brain washing...I say BS to that...Its all based on the venue size, obviously. My point is that I see these retarded bands come to a small bar venue whatever you want to call it with a 100W 1/2 or full stack and its sooo loud it sounds like shit. My point is use the right amp for the dam venue, no one wants ear damage these days unless one is a complete retard. Yes and I always bring my ear plugs just in case!!!
When you play a small room does the drummer bring a 10” kick and 2”, 3” and 4” toms with 6” diameter crash cymbals? If not-why the f not.

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously though. Yer at the houses rules. Sux don't it. However if your bands playing ballz short of moving others? Everything else is just dealing with missing the mark.

Easy to blame gear and sissy sounding circle jerking sound boyz.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Brain washing...I say BS to that...Its all based on the venue size, obviously. My point is that I see these retarded bands come to a small bar venue whatever you want to call it with a 100W 1/2 or full stack and its sooo loud it sounds like shit. My point is use the right amp for the dam venue, no one wants ear damage these days unless one is a complete retard. Yes and I always bring my ear plugs just in case!!!

That's only because the guitarist is clueless. He probably follows the old school "you gotta crank that bitch to make it sound like a MARSHALL, MAAAAAAANNNN!!!" Trust me, my JCM 2000 DSL sounds totally and completely like a Marshall at whisper quiet levels.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
That's only because the guitarist is clueless. He probably follows the old school "you gotta crank that bitch to make it sound like a MARSHALL, MAAAAAAANNNN!!!" Trust me, my JCM 2000 DSL sounds totally and completely like a Marshall at whisper quiet levels.
meh...

some of us don't do DSL...

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
meh...

some of us don't do DSL...
So then I will bring the Origins and a 3210. 2 full stacks but with my MG cabs.
I will be told to turn down before I plug them in...
But I will not be buried by the drummer.
@Dogs of Doom I can get a pretty damn good tone out of my Dsl40c’s, from loud to quiet ... and that rig is also 4 cabs and another 3210 lol ..
Cheers

MarshallDog

Reaction score

I get it, so do mine but a lot of players just dont get it!

ssolo8

Reaction score
I love all my tube heads, and I use them in small Cantinas as well as at home just fine. I run my Boss me-70 in effects mode in the loop and you can control it down to television watching volume easily, though the amp volume is running around High Noon.
My own personal experience is that preamp tone is more easily duplicated, but that big, 3D, powerful warmth comes from the Power Amp tubes.
Again, this is just my personal experience, but it may just give you new ideas. (JHS black box works the same in the loop)

bobpick68

Reaction score
When

When you play a small room does the drummer bring a 10” kick and 2”, 3” and 4” toms with 6” diameter crash cymbals? If not-why the f not.

The drummer in the busiest band (coincidence?) I am in can hit them according to what's needed. He uses a technique called "hit em properly for the gig". He will use smaller sticks all the way down to 7A if he needs to but he can bring the thunder when needed too. He goes by feel. Thats an insane concept to some drummers.

GregM

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot the thread that said we need to support local live music, may have been this one.
No guesses on the tribute band, I think it's self explanatory! IMG_20211016_214906_edit_25120381326374.jpg
IMG_20211016_224103_edit_25093343571170.jpg

Latest posts