Should’ve went with what I knew to be true!

trax1139

Reaction score
Starting a new Rock trio, I needed to gear up. Back in the day, I used a 100w Super Lead day in and day out in all situations. Life and the music was wonderful. But, nowadays all you hear and read on this forum is...it’s too loud, it’s too big, it’s too heavy and IT’S TOO LOUD! Did I say it’s too loud? Bedroom levels (what the hell is that?) 1x10 combos, 5w Super Lead Simulators, attenuate the attenuators, mic it up through the PA...and on and on. So, with all that brainwashing, I opted for the 35w Germino JTM45. Great amp! Hooked to 2 1960av 4x12 cabs, it sounds wonderful...just not nearly enough clean headroom and plain ol horsepower to keep up with a power drummer and Fender 300w Super Bassman. So, now it’s time to order the JTM 45/100 like I should have in the first place.

trax1139

Reaction score
Well, times have changed and the audience wants to have fun, enjoy the night, hear the band/music without losing their hearing! It is what it is and if you dont concur, you wont get booked!
Mention that to any top act that is booked to be the entertainment and not the background music at some sports bar

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Starting a new Rock trio, I needed to gear up. Back in the day, I used a 100w Super Lead day in and day out in all situations. Life and the music was wonderful. But, nowadays all you hear and read on this forum is...it’s too loud, it’s too big, it’s too heavy and IT’S TOO LOUD! Did I say it’s too loud? Bedroom levels (what the hell is that?) 1x10 combos, 5w Super Lead Simulators, attenuate the attenuators, mic it up through the PA...and on and on. So, with all that brainwashing, I opted for the 35w Germino JTM45. Great amp! Hooked to 2 1960av 4x12 cabs, it sounds wonderful...just not nearly enough clean headroom and plain ol horsepower to keep up with a power drummer and Fender 300w Super Bassman. So, now it’s time to order the JTM 45/100 like I should have in the first place.

its hard to gear down when the others dont do the same.

trax1139

Reaction score
its hard to gear down when the others dont do the same.
#1... How can a drummer “gear down” unless it’s a plastic electronic set
#2...a band can’t play a quiet dynamic musical passage with little tinker toy gear that fills the room with fullness and power. So, it’s not just about loudness...quite the contrary.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
#1... How can a drummer “gear down” unless it’s a plastic electronic set
#2...a band can’t play a quiet dynamic musical passage with little tinker toy gear that fills the room with fullness and power. So, it’s not just about loudness...quite the contrary.

most drummers DO NOT know how to control their volume.
one of the main reasons a good drummer is hard to find.

trax1139

Reaction score
most drummers DO NOT know how to control their volume.
one of the main reasons a good drummer is hard to find.
100% agree...but, I (we) don’t even come close to having that problem. All 3 players are seasoned and very good at their craft. Know how to use volume and dynamics. It’s just when it comes time for the big crescendo in Dazed and Confused, the little JTM gets all small sounding. Loud enough-just no balls

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
But, nowadays all you hear and read on this forum is...it’s too loud, it’s too big, it’s too heavy and IT’S TOO LOUD! Did I say it’s too loud? Bedroom levels (what the hell is that?) 1x10 combos, 5w Super Lead Simulators, attenuate the attenuators, mic it up through the PA...and on and on. So, with all that brainwashing
don't listen to the forum mob...

Latest posts