Season 2 or 2021, here we go again...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Adieu, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Just watched a DW report that Hubei and Brisbane (two of the earliest and best successes of lockdown to stem the tide) are moving back to the lockdown game

Meanwhile, Lancet reports that corona survivors who were hospitalized experience aftereffects and symptoms SIX MONTHS after getting discharged as "recovered"...

Oh joy.

PS and these are reserved, internationally respected apolitical sources, too.

tce63 likes this.
  2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I did hear about an acquaintance that got corona last spring, recovered but it had ravaged her organs so badly she died 6 months later from it. She previously had been a healthy 60 year old woman.

tce63 likes this.
  3. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

My friend James Glica passed away last night from CV19.

4. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this bro.

AMPPILOT, Madfinger and Adieu like this.
  5. Edgar Frog

Edgar Frog Well-Known Member

People are all getting to comfortable with the release of the vaccine and it's not even proven to work yet. It hasn't even been long enough for the surge from Christmas/New Years yet and places are already opening back up like everything's magicly getting better all of a sudden. I'll continue to cover my ass and stay protected and sheltered as long as possible. News reports say one minute cases are down and the next that they are at an all time high. The media just needs to shut the hell up IMHO. Oh, don't forget about the all new harder hitting more contagious strain out there now.

6. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

The fake news being reported on tv is politically driven so you cant rely on that as a reliable source. Honestly I dont know where we are with this really, all I can do is stay barricaded in my home and wait it out like I've been doing the past year, at some point I suspect it will all just go away and become yesterday's news.

7. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Man, sorry to hear that.
    Just my two cents- do your own research if you are actually interested. It's a new virus and the science around it is developing so contradicting studies can be found but it is possible to find enough reliable resources to form some understanding about the virus.
    I would also suggest just not getting too caught up in the gambit of "fake news". Remember the concept of "fake news" is politically driven too. What we really have is corporate/conglomerate media. Not everything on the news is false or slanted. You just have to be on the watch for the propaganda and sift out the salient info.

otoh- staying barricaded doesn't sound half bad. I only worked from home briefly but I actually really liked it.

8. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

A respected German international broadcaster (DW) and British iirc medical journal (Lancet) aren't really in it to affect US national politics, so...

Whether or not they have any editorial bias, you can be pretty sure they're not locked onto playing your local politics game as their primary motivation, on account of them being from elsewhere entirely

Lo-Tek and pedecamp like this.
  9. AMPPILOT

AMPPILOT Active Member

im doing the same , im staying the f&@k inside , im not coviding with a bunch on Mother F$&@&, ill stay locked up till i can go local and get a vaccine . Then i might still lay the F low , i don't trust not one cocksucker i see on TV ...not even one . All have their own agenda s and bosses .

Best advice ....use your on best common sense about your own situation...we have lost more Americans to covid in less than one year than ALL the USA armed forced killed in WWII ....430k usa armed forces .....1941-1945 ........put that in pipe and smoke it if you think this pandemic is all bullshit. It maybe 6-10 months before i get a vaccine and by then if im not dead , the virus may have mutated so much the shot won't help .

This could wind up,being one of the worlds worse disaster in many centuries.
    best of luck to eveybody !

Adieu likes this.
  10. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

The Truth:

https://www.brighteon.com/93732b2a-3674-486a-9e60-e75c0ea3dec6

The Proof:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

I respect any decisions you make for yourself, and I'm not responding to you in an argumentative way, so please do not take it like that.

Drinkingdeath01 likes this.
  11. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Personally I really don't trust the CDC as it seems pretty clear they have been pressured to downplay the pandemic. There are a bunch of other places to track illnesses and deaths (like John Hopkins) that are probable better and certainly easier to read. The CDC seems a bit confusing to me.
    Regardless - it's a large number that have died.
    Deaths really don't really tell the whole story though.
    Ask somebody who works in a covid unit.

12. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this medical and political pandemic to be over.