Scumback Moving Sale starts next week 11/2/20

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
Thanks, it's five months away, but jeezus, I have so much frigging gear...sheesh!

I just went through a 19 gallon tub of EL34's. They range from Mullards, Teslas, Telefunken, Winged C/Svetalan, to all kinds of stuff.

Frankly, I didn't realize I had that many...I guess I really went almost as nuts on tubes as I did old Celestions. I'm...uh...so ashamed. LOL
How much for the 19 gallon tub?

dragonvalve

Reaction score
In the midst of an unforeseen situation to look at all the inventory accumulated and realizing it's an issue, I would just bring it all and worry about selling it later.

Time is of the essence...considering.

animated-soothsayer-and-fortune-teller-image-0019.gif

South Park

Reaction score
Just picked up a house on the organ coast . The wife is looking at condos in Portland for rentals. We can get more bang for the buck in organ .

dragonvalve

Reaction score
I heard some news that Cali is planning on levying an excise tax for people who move out of Cali. It was brought up on one of the talk shows as "heard of" but no concise info on it so far. :erk:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
CA can't enforce an excise tax if you're already out of the state. :fever:

I haven't asked but the utter insanity that is the CA state legislature and the laws and rules they've enacted that punish businesses are clear reasons to jump ship. And very GOOD reasons.

I don't know where you're moving to but I highly recommend the east coast of Florida. It's very business friendly and we have a well developed manufacturing infrastructure plus the beaches are the best because we have the Gulf oF Mexico to keep the water warm.

DonP

Reaction score
We've been planning to move for 8 years. Recently we found out the lot we own up by Reno couldn't get the house we wanted on it built because I needed two four car garages. We found a house with a six car garage in Arizona, put in an offer and we got it. Here in CA that house would cost 1.5M, easy.

What with the traffic, politics, taxes (mostly taxes!) and the stifling business climate here in CA, it's just too much to deal with. God knows I lived here and loved it for four decades, but it's time to go.

Needless to say, COVID has proved I don't need a demo room/soundproofed shop any more, so that has a lot to do with putting up my pile for sale as well.

And I'm not really going anywhere online, I'm still available as I've always been, at the end of an internet connection with hi speed access!

Beat you by 24 years. I only have a 5 car garage, but it is enough for the 4 Challengers and Crew cab Ram.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Beat you by 24 years. I only have a 5 car garage, but it is enough for the 4 Challengers and Crew cab Ram.
We tried to get a house with a 3 & 4 car garage but the seller just kept falling out of escrow then raised the price again. He started at $500k in April, and now he's up to $630k. It's 500sf smaller than the house we bought. I figured, eh, 2 car OS and 4 car OS RV garage should be fine. The new house came with a nice pool table, the other one we couldn't get to see had a hot tub. We can put in a hot tub at the new place.

As recent events in So Cal & CA have proven, this state has lost it's way and is not in touch with it's inhabitants...at all.

DaDoc

Reaction score
I heard some news that Cali is planning on levying an excise tax for people who move out of Cali. It was brought up on one of the talk shows as "heard of" but no concise info on it so far. :erk:

I saw something on the news about that a while back! They're basically attempting to fine businesses big $$ that are moving out. They were interviewing a guy who had moved his operation from there to Texas and they're trying to pull that B.S. on him.

It's like, you'll stay here and put up with our crap or else!

I don't see how they can legally do that, much less enforce it, but apparently they're trying to.

Last edited:

dragonvalve

Reaction score
I saw something on the news about that a while back! They're basically attempting to fine businesses big $$ that are moving out. They were interviewing a guy who had moved his operation from there to Texas and they trying to pull that B.S. on him.

It's like, you'll stay here and put up with our crap or else!

I don't see how they can legally do that, much less enforce it, but apparently they're trying to.

To take it in another direction, if you want to renounce U.S. citizenship to move out of the country they are making that difficult as well.:rolleyes:

It's like stay and suffer or we'll make you suffer anyway.

America has been de-industrialized with taxes and penalties on production processes to get everyone to move overseas and that started back in the 1950's so "legally" doesn't figure into anything and they can and have re-written rules and regs just to make it easier for them to get at you.

Notice how you have to take your shoes off before getting on a plane? Well thank that particular staged incident in NY for that.

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
You want a nice place in a good area? Move near the attractions in Kissimmee, FL. There, about 400K will land you a veritable MANSION. Acre lot, 6000 square feet or so, four master bedroom suites and more....and of course a nice pool. Very nice neighborhoods, low prices for nice houses. And a lot of them are in operation as bed & breakfasts and making tons of cash for their owners.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
The "CA exit tax" is being tried on one of the amp builders that left here already. Sold his house in Palos Verdes, paid the $350k in taxes, moved to Idaho. CA is now hitting him with a "tax review" of his last two years in business and threatening to levy him. He's had to hire an attorney.

My wife & I sold our condo last year in San Pedro, it came under capital gains, plus our income for 2019 combined for an $85k tax bill.

That's one of the biggest reasons we're leaving CA. Everything in AZ is about 1/3rd.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Speakers 11/05/2020 All prices include PayPal, but shipping is extra.

Celestion

One G12M BlackBack DL21 1777 original Kurt Muller 25w cone, 16 ohms $200

One G12M BlackBack DL21 1777 Scumback BM75 65w cone, 16 ohms $150

SOLD T1862 G12H30 30w 8 ohm with original Pulsonic “3” cone DD20U (April 20 1971) with pre rola label $300

G12M Greenback GF13 (mid 73) T1221 16 ohm 65w OCSR recone $150

Two Creamback G12M 16 ohm 65w UK made 2018 new in box $150 each

One T1511 G12M 55hz/444 Kurt Muller cone 16 ohm 25w OCSR recone $150

Two Heritage Reissue G12H30 T1234 75hz original cones 30w 26GQ date codes $125 each

One Heritage Reissue G12H30 T1234 75hz original cones 65w OCSR recone $150 each

One Silver frame (1983) G12-80 reconed to current Scumback black frame specs H75-LD 16 ohm 65w $125

Scumbag/Scumback Blue Frame Weber early 2004/2005 production

One SA12M75-16 ohm 25w $125

Two SA12H75-16 ohm 30w $125 each

Three SA12H55-16 ohm 30w $125 each

One SA12H75-8 ohm 30w $125

Reinhardt RH55-16 65w speaker (Weber custom made for Bob)

Weber Blue Dog 8 ohm 30w alnico $150

Last edited:

Gutch220

Reaction score
I'm surprised the condo sale was taxed at all. For a married couple, the first $500,000 of PROFIT should be untaxed, no? Then you pay taxes on the left over profit based on your tax bracket I think

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
I'm surprised the condo sale was taxed at all. For a married couple, the first $500,000 of PROFIT should be untaxed, no? Then you pay taxes on the left over profit based on your tax bracket I think
We had another primary home in Whittier, the condo was a rental. No tax break from capital gains on a 2nd home. We won't get dinged when we sell the house in Whittier, but the condo in San Pedro was another story.