Scumback Moving Sale starts next week 11/2/20

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Hey everyone...well, the time has come for Scumback Speakers to sell off a bunch of personal gear in preparation for our move out of California.

There will be an extensive pile of guitars, amps, cabs, speakers, tubes, and other parts for sale. I will start posting to this thread as I uncover it, unbox it. remove blankets, take pics and provide descriptions.

Most of what you see in these two pics below are going to be up for sale.

dr1.jpg

demoroom10-13.jpg

Most of this gear is in new or mint condition. There's very little that has scuffs, chips, dings, etc although there are a few. All items will be priced accordingly to condition, etc. Cash is king, PayPal is fine (those fees included in the posted price) plus whatever shipping is to your location.

Before anyone asks, the two purple Steve Stevens / Raygun prototype 412 cabs are NOT for sale! My 1967 Marshall "Queen/Dokken" logo'd narrow flange metal handle stack with the original G12M 20w speakers is NOT for sale. My 1968 Marshall straight with four G12H30 55/75 hz speakers is NOT for sale.

The original Scumback 69 spec straight cab (once owned by James Lugo) is NOT for sale.

There are three 69 spec Scumback slant cabs and nine 69 spec straight cabs for sale. There's a few other 4x12's as well.

Scumback cab specs located here: http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/cabinets.html

Various Marshall 50w and 100w Metro & Scumback clone heads with the best components and NOS glass.

Around 40 Celestion frames rebuilt to Scumback specs...M75-PVC, H55-PVC, H75, H75-PVC etc.

About 20 guitars, too many to list until I have the time.

A lot of NOS glass, caps/resistors/etc that fit Marshall style amp heads. A couple TrainWreck and Komet clones with NOS glass.

This is just a sampling of what's going up for sale. All amps/guitars/cabs will be sound checked, and tested to be up to spec prior to listing for sale.

More in the coming week!

Jim

[email protected] 310-833-6632

Last edited:

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
hate to see you go, but can't blame you...

If things don't turn around sometime soon, I might have to set my sails & move out too.

We've been planning to move for 8 years. Recently we found out the lot we own up by Reno couldn't get the house we wanted on it built because I needed two four car garages. We found a house with a six car garage in Arizona, put in an offer and we got it. Here in CA that house would cost 1.5M, easy.

What with the traffic, politics, taxes (mostly taxes!) and the stifling business climate here in CA, it's just too much to deal with. God knows I lived here and loved it for four decades, but it's time to go.

Needless to say, COVID has proved I don't need a demo room/soundproofed shop any more, so that has a lot to do with putting up my pile for sale as well.

And I'm not really going anywhere online, I'm still available as I've always been, at the end of an internet connection with hi speed access!

Last edited:

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Bummer to hear, but best of luck to you! Glad you are not closing the business
Thanks! I've been way too busy since the 2nd week of April, it's actually been quite nuts here this year. I just ordered another big pile of frames and replica metal handles to take with me. The move probably won't happen until March, but jeezus...sorting, selling and packing...argh!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, have been thinking about a GT :hmm:

Good luck w/your move, dude. I've been to Arizona a couple of times, and I really like it. My favorite memory was stopping in Phoenix ... we found a little area that was filled with a number of shops / restaurants, and wound up eating at a very nice restaurant that, no joke, had the best tacos I've ever tasted. They were so good that I ordered a second round. This is coming from a self proclaimed Mexican food expert (ok, maybe not an expert, but I could live/die on it). I wish I could remember the name of the 'plaza' (I really don't know what to call this area ... it was near a bunch of parking structures), as I'd love to be able to give you the restaurant name.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
When we went to Prescott to check it out 6 weeks ago, my wife informed me this was an exploratory mission only. No offers on houses, don't try to convince me to move there, don't get your hopes up, blah, blah. After looking at 18 houses in two days this last one had been on the market for two months, fell out of escrow twice. I was still figuring out how we would place our two office desks in the oversize laundry room (10 x 22 feet), and I asked her where she figured we'd put them. Her reply was "Jim, we're putting an offer in on this house." I nearly snapped my neck turning around to look at her!

So much for the informative preamble while we were driving up there! LOL

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
When we went to Prescott to check it out 6 weeks ago, my wife informed me this was an exploratory mission only. No offers on houses, don't try to convince me to move there, don't get your hopes up, blah, blah. After looking at 18 houses in two days this last one had been on the market for two months, fell out of escrow twice. I was still figuring out how we would place our two office desks in the oversize laundry room (10 x 22 feet), and I asked her where she figured we'd put them. Her reply was "Jim, we're putting an offer in on this house." I nearly snapped my neck turning around to look at her!

So much for the informative preamble while we were driving up there! LOL

I'm a firm believer that a quick and firm decision has a better long term outlook than something you have to think over. The best decisions I've made in my life were, in the scope of things, done in the blink of an eye. God bless you guys.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Best of luck in your move!

Six years ago we moved from the Asheville, N.C. area where I grew up, to SW Montana. Best thing we've ever done living-wise!

Kind of the same deal with us, although we've always wanted to live out west anyhoo, we were sick of the overcrowding, traffic, politics, taxes, crime, ect. ect..The place we left was just not the same place I grew up in! :sadwave:

A lot of folks here spend winters in Arizona, we're (hopefully) planning a trip there in the near future.

I might be interested in a set of NOS tubes for my '73 JMP 50 watter, I run EL-34's.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Best of luck in your move!
I might be interested in a set of NOS tubes for my '73 JMP 50 watter, I run EL-34's.

Thanks, it's five months away, but jeezus, I have so much frigging gear...sheesh!

I just went through a 19 gallon tub of EL34's. They range from Mullards, Teslas, Telefunken, Winged C/Svetalan, to all kinds of stuff.

Frankly, I didn't realize I had that many...I guess I really went almost as nuts on tubes as I did old Celestions. I'm...uh...so ashamed. LOL

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I lived in Prescott for a few years back in the late 80s early 90's. I really loved that town. I heard it's a lot different/bigger now though than what I remember. I liked Prescott better than Cali myself even back then. Good luck on your move.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Due to how much gear I have to list, I'm just going to update the TGP thread until I can slow down with orders. I know many members have reservations about doing that, but due to the amount of stuff I have to list, take pics of, etc. it's the only feasible way to do it. And of course my idea of advertising on FB was denied by FB on my Scumback Speakers page.

You gotta love FB, you can't say "Speakers That Kick Ass" in text, but you can say it in a jpg picture. Sheesh!

TGP moving sale link here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ers-moving-sale-starts-11-2-20.2197464/page-2

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
At least you are planning ahead before actually moving . I left Ca. in Jan. of 2018 . I had lived there 58 years . It was for more than 50 years the place to be .

Good luck on the move and sale . I really wish I could get one of your amps and cabs.
I do need a single 12” cab someday.

Latest posts