>

Scumback Moving Sale...June 2021

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Scumback Speakers, May 11, 2021.

1. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Well-Known Member

Scumback Moving Sale...June 2021

Well, I had a lot of stuff for sale, and I still do, but now that I've finally booked the movers for May 20th, I don't have time to get it packed to ship to new owners.

When I get to Prescott, AZ I'll probably have a new listing of things that need to go.

Sorry I couldn't keep up on my previous moving sale thread, but everyone decided to buy Scumbacks instead of going on vacation...

Long story short, I've been buried in orders for quite awhile, and I failed at keeping that sale thread updated on the TGP or anywhere else.

I will be closing the shop for good in CA on May 14th, last orders placed will ship out May 17/18th, and then we're out of here.

My email and phone # will stay the same, once I get settled, I'm sure the three 30 gallon tubs of tubes I packed will have to go to new homes, plus all the other various parts, extra speakers, casters, handles, etc, etc I've accumulated over the last 20 years.

So, until I log in again, hope everyone at MF stays safe, and keeps their spirits up during these goofy times.

Jim Seavall

PH 310-833-6632

Email: [email protected]

Site: www.scumbackspeakers.com

DaDoc, StrummerJoe and Dogs of Doom like this.
  2. Point 2 Point

Point 2 Point Member

Greener pastures Bro
    I played a quad and a 2X12 of your wares today.
    “Matt in San Diego”

DaDoc and Scumback Speakers like this.
  3. StrummerJoe

StrummerJoe Well-Known Member

Seems a lot of people and businesses are getting out of California.

Prescott is nice. May you find much success in your new locale!

4. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

The taxes are obnoxious.

No idea what exactly they are paying for, either.

5. Scumback Speakers

Well, I made it here, got the desktop iMac setup with a laser printer. The movers did a fine job of disassembling all of my pallets and mixing house stuff in with business stuff. It's a nightmare. It's going to be a good 3 weeks of unpacking, sorting and putting it back to where it should go at this rate, I'm afraid. Can't find the VONAGE box to get the phone working, and they lost the base handset for the phone, too. Such fun!

Keep that email address handy if you need me! [email protected]

6. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

Why is everyone leaving the land of sunshine, swimming pools, movie stars, ...where all your dreams come alive? I mean you've been doing your part to keep it like that, right?

They say there's a certain blue ink that likes to run, ...onto other pages so it can ruin those pages too. I say, keep your pen in your pocket and deal with what you bought. No one else wants any.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  7. Scumback Speakers

May 24, 2021 real world assessment of the Scumback Speakers shop situation is as follows:

1) Movers mixed business and house stuff together, all of my carefully stacked boxes on pallets got "re-palletized" instead of shrink-wrapped and loaded as they were stacked.

2) There are about 90 boxes of house and business stuff that are so jacked up, they all have to be opened, sorted, and put away properly.

3) The problem with #2 is that they spewed boxes everywhere and they all have to be restacked to make room for where the sorted stuff goes.

My estimate is that it will take 2-3 weeks to put the shop back in business, or be at the point where I can start building and rebuilding/reconing speakers again...in other words, Mid June 2021.

My apologies for the delay, I really thought I had done all that needed to be done beforehand but these idiot low IQ movers can't understand how to read the difference between "SHOP" and "House" on a box.

The VONAGE phone line adapter I had got lost, and it turned out it wasn't compatible with the new 3.6gbps cable modem/router I got last October. I've had to order a new one, so the phone will be out for a good week as well.

The phone # should stay the same, though: 310-833-6632

Email is the same: [email protected]

Same website: www.scumbackspeakers.com

Ok, it's 8 am, I've unpacked 2 boxes already, going to get 3-4 more done today...I hope!

Jim

8. Scumback Speakers

When it rains, it pours. SparkLight Cable in Prescott had a fiber optic cable cut by accident, and as that was going on the main logic board on my iMac took a dump. Got it into the shop, data and screen are ok, but it's going to get all new guts...in 3-4 days when the parts get here.

That means no shipping labels, limited email access, and basically I am down for the count until it's back from the shop. You can't do labels on an iPad, or MacBook Pro due to "trusted IP address" issues of some sort.

So bear with me while I sort out all of my stuff, and get the shop back up and running. Looking like mid June at this point (2-3 weeks) but I'll do what I can to get it done earlier.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Jim

9. Scumback Speakers

June 2nd, 2021
    Got my iMac back, thank God I bought AppleCare, and had six weeks left on the 3 yr warranty. But I lost a lot of contacts/emails/etc somehow that I knew I had. In any event, back up and running about 80%.

Boxes are still a royal PITA. I found the living room TV remote and power cord yesterday, along with the ROKU streaming device for it. The other three TV's are not that lucky.

I did find all of my tools, speaker building supplies as well, too bad the house stuff has it held captive about 64 boxes back in the garage, and that's not including what's in the house to be put away after a handyman shows up to put in some shelves for my wife.

I should be up and running again the middle of the month, and I might have found a smart college kid to help with the business, too. That would be a bonus to say the least!

Long story short, I'll take a bullet to the brain before I move again! LOL

Crikey and Dogs of Doom like this.
  10. Scumback Speakers

Hired some help to move, sort and unpack. 5 hours later there's a good sized dent in the mess. There is still some questionable shit, though.

For example: "Jim's Shop Desk Tools & Meters"...sounds easy enough, right?

So when you find the tape cut and an Oral B40 replacement head for your electric toothbrush, you get an idea of just how screwed up that moving company was. They must have busted a few boxes and scrambled to repack them.

This is just one example of "WTAF?" I've been dealing with for two weeks.

Opened the "Kitchen Canned Goods" box, inside is a brand new loaf of Trader Joe's Wheat Bread...uh...well, it was brand new 17 days ago...now it's that "science project gray" color.

I'm going for cocktail #2 now.