Schecter pickups

chromeboy

Reaction score
I currently have 4 schecter guitars. An omen elite 6, a cr6, a PT, and a c-1 silver mountain.
Now I love all these guitars yet on some ( the silver mountain & the omen elite the pups are very thin sounding to the point that I have to turn the tone knob down almost all the way. I play through two jet city heads and cabs. My other guitars don't sound thin through my amps. The schecter PT sounds great as does the cr6. So, for the two that sound thin, what pups would you swap out for them? Both guitars have mahogany bodies.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Whatever you are trying to achieve I can promise you this - there are SEVERAL winders making something that fits the bill.

Like Rick said, we need to know what the goal is.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m partial to the apocalypse pickups in my Schecter Solo II. Passive custom pickups.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I currently have 4 schecter guitars. An omen elite 6, a cr6, a PT, and a c-1 silver mountain.
Now I love all these guitars yet on some ( the silver mountain & the omen elite the pups are very thin sounding to the point that I have to turn the tone knob down almost all the way. I play through two jet city heads and cabs. My other guitars don't sound thin through my amps. The schecter PT sounds great as does the cr6. So, for the two that sound thin, what pups would you swap out for them? Both guitars have mahogany bodies.

I had their EMG's (I believe) on an Ashba signature guitar that I had. The pickups were awful and 50% of the reason I got rid of it.

Your guitars have: PT - Schecter Diamond SuperRock-II and CR6 - Schecter Apocalypse II pups.

Pick which one of them sounds best and put those pups in the others. You stay pedigree too. Done.

chromeboy

Reaction score
To my ear, it just seems that the pups are kinda mid scooped which is OK for metal rhythm tones but not so much for solos. Would like something a little marmer sounding.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Im interested in their "sustainiac" pick up....Seems interesting...That would be the first Schecter pup that I would try out....

P.S. I may not have the name correct, but its the pick up that creates its own endless sustain.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im interested in their "sustainiac" pick up....Seems interesting...That would be the first Schecter pup that I would try out....

P.S. I may not have the name correct, but its the pick up that creates its own endless sustain.
I’ve got one, I think ferandes started them? There’s been several guitars with them but Schecter does seem to have quite a few. It’s a fun gimmick especially on a floyd guitar!!

chromeboy

Reaction score
I'd like a warmer tone for solos . The rhythm tones are ok ut could also be a bit warmer. I don't like thin harsh sounding tones especially for solos.