>

Sales Reps @ The Local G.c.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by sam marshall, Apr 19, 2016.

1. sam marshall

sam marshall Well-Known Member

Say it ain't so

DaDoc, duncan11, R.Kandy and 3 others like this.
  2. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

My God, I can't tell you how many times I've been in many of those situations! :lol:

sam marshall and The Ozzk like this.
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

Why I buy online...

4. 30watt

30watt Well-Known Member

lol..."there is literally no difference between a guitar cable and a speaker cable". (I've seen two damaged amps that give the lie to THAT one. I wrap the plugs of speaker cables in Christmas patterned tape so I don't mistake them)

One guy actually said to me "Why do you want to try THAT guitar? You just played the same model in a different colour".

sam marshall likes this.
  5. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Haha, authentic video! I haven't had such horrible experiences but I've definately had a few. That trade in portion, that's pretty much spot on.

sam marshall likes this.
  6. jack daniels

jack daniels Well-Known Member

The mom and pop music stores used to rule supreme in Oklahoma, and for lefties it was a nightmare of "take it or leave it at our price". I couldn't wait until the GC, Mars Music, and Music Go Round came into the state to give the mom and pop music stores a run for their money. Now I wish the biggee chain music stores would take their leave as well. Anyways, it's gotten to be where no large store of any kind can possibly carry all the variants of products from one manufacturer let alone a whole list of manufacturers. The next revolution of consumer purchasing is in the control of the consumer namely "mail order". As for the sales pitch, "we don't have that but we can order it for you" Hell I can do that myself and get a bargain in the process by negotiating prices with the many competitors. The day of the large stores are coming to an end. How long it will take I don't know but, rest assured the days of the big stores making those huge profits as in the past will dwindle down to a trickle.

DaDoc likes this.
  7. tone seaker

tone seaker Well-Known Member

Where the Rock Rolls Hard and the Blues Rains Down
    Its not like that at GC but i buy online

8. thegaindeli

thegaindeli Well-Known Member

Stay away from any so-called "tech" who uses a screw-gun.

9. R.Kandy

R.Kandy Well-Known Member

That was funny as hell, "Can I help you? No, Thank God"...LMAOOO. They forgot the part where they try to get you to use their finance, even if you have cash.

sam marshall and Ghostman like this.
  10. Gunner64

Gunner64 Emotional Support Animal Gold Supporting Member

I watched a g.c. employee roast a brand new dsl head right before my eyes. A guy wanted to try it so the saleskid grabbed a speaker cable off the floor and plugged it in to the dsl, thinking it went to the 4x12 it was sitting on. It actually was plugged into a Peavey 6505 head right next to it. About 2 minutes of Flipping the stby on and off and turning the volume up to the point were i could hear the tubes rattle that was about all it could take. By the time the kid realized what he did and plugged it in to the cab it was too late. No output and a funny smell in the air. I saw it coming and kinda felt bad that I didnt stop it, but due to my experience with these pompus little buttholes i just couldn't. One of the funniest things I ever saw at g.c.

DaDoc likes this.
  11. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

Anyone who's worked a Retail job knows how true that is.

12. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I love the bull$h!t line you get when a sales person sees you looking at something and they say "I got one of those, they are great!". LOL

Barfly and sam marshall like this.
  13. duncan11

duncan11 Well-Known Member

after my platinum room guys GTFO of GC I don't do any business with that store anymore...the incompetence is staggering....

14. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Sometimes you just want to hear "I'm just looking"

A guy got me on a helmet with that one time. He said "oh, yeah I love those helmets, it's all I use!" I ended up working there about a month later and one day I thought about it and I said "Russ, you don't actually have a trophy lite helmet, do you?" He said "no, but that line usually works"

sam marshall likes this.
  15. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

My experiences at GC have not been too bad as far as the sales folks go, what sucks for me are the azzhats that come in there and play guitar VERY badly at top volume for hours on end, usually playing some kind of thrash metal noise..And I never see them buying anything either, they just hang out there and annoy the staff and legit customers.

I've been hearing for a couple of years now that they're in financial trouble and their days are numbered. I prefer the mom and pop music stores myself, but I can always get better deals on stuff like picks and strings at GC.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  16. Gunner64

Gunner64 Emotional Support Animal Gold Supporting Member

My experiences with our 2 local g.c. are not good . The 20 something know it alls act like they have no time to deal with you. They are uninformed on the gear they are selling, and Ive personally overheard several instances of totally wrong information given to customers.that makes me lose alot of repect for the management, and the company. The players I know hit g.c. looking for deals and occasionally find some, but for the most part find the place almost laughable. We have 2 family run music stores in our town the we all have been buying from for decades..they are knowlegeable and dont act like pompas know it all little asswipes. If g.c. fails its because they are not in touch with the people who have the money to buy their 2000 dollar les pauls and such..the 30 40 50 yr+ crowd..like a lot of us.i dont know about you guys but when i was 20 something i wasnt playing or buying $2000 guitars..the saleskids without a clue alienate the bulk of us who have the money to keep them in business. ..most of the guys I know feel the same way, at least about the stores in my area...