Road Trip!!!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Well long story short, life has been kicking me in the balls and then kicking me again once I'm down on the ground... life sucks but I'm ok and it could be MUCH worse.

I have to drive down to Mexico for my son's 3rd birthday. The airfare has been insane the past few months and just kept climbing. I refused to pair their prices out of spite and just sucking it up driving, stick it to the man. Current prices are astronomical not includeding a rental car and just... fk that.

Sooo! I'm going on a 2,000 mile road trip with my mother, she refuses to miss any of her grandson's birthdays and is gonna be a trooper and ride along with me. It will average probably 35 hours total to get there with some minor stops, I've done it once before, it was kinda brutal kinda fun but I was much happier and full of hope and hormones on my first journey down... thus my son.

Any of you guys have some fun road trip stories? Anything like "Due Date" or "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"?

Ramo

Reaction score
Well long story short, life has been kicking me in the balls and then kicking me again once I'm down on the ground... life sucks but I'm ok and it could be MUCH worse.

I have to drive down to Mexico for my son's 3rd birthday. The airfare has been insane the past few months and just kept climbing. I refused to pair their prices out of spite and just sucking it up driving, stick it to the man. Current prices are astronomical not includeding a rental car and just... fk that.

Sooo! I'm going on a 2,000 mile road trip with my mother, she refuses to miss any of her grandson's birthdays and is gonna be a trooper and ride along with me. It will average probably 35 hours total to get there with some minor stops, I've done it once before, it was kinda brutal kinda fun but I was much happier and full of hope and hormones on my first journey down... thus my son.

Any of you guys have some fun road trip stories? Anything like "Due Date" or "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"?
We done road trip from Brighton Uk to Greece Athens, we wear planning to go to Georgia but plans changed and we stopped in Greece. We went through france,Germany, Switzerland we did stop in Italy in Milan to visit relatives then we drove all the way down south in Italy took a boat crossed into Greece.

It was memorable trip for sure.
Safe driving on the road and let us know how you get on, keep your chin up and head high. Happy birthday to your son, Im sure he will love the effort you are making,you are a good father!

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't sit (or stand) in one place for more than 2 hours anymore. And that's pushing it.
Have a fun drive. :yesway:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
We done road trip from Brighton Uk to Greece Athens, we wear planning to go to Georgia but plans changed and we stopped in Greece. We went through france,Germany, Switzerland we did stop in Italy in Milan to visit relatives then we drove all the way down south in Italy took a boat crossed into Greece.

It was memorable trip for sure.
Safe driving on the road and let us know how you get on, keep your chin up and head high. Happy birthday to your son, Im sure he will love the effort you are making,you are a good father!
Thanks man! That sure means a hell of alot to me!
I wouldn't miss his birthday for the world, I can't believe he will be 3... time just flies! I haven't seen him in over 5 months, it's been extremely difficult but technology has been amazing. I will stay with you guys here, we will be down there for a week.

That trip of yours had to have been just amazing and full of amazing sights and many memories. Those are the most precious things in life, experience and memories. What was your favorite country and or city? Or maybe a special moment or sight?

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I can't sit (or stand) in one place for more than 2 hours anymore. And that's pushing it.
Have a fun drive. :yesway:
Yeah man! I'm much the same way these days, long ago I used to love road trips and go every weekend but with age... I am starting to hate driving all together... Should make some good memories so therfore be worth it.

Thanks Vin!

Ramo

Reaction score
Thanks man! That sure means a hell of alot to me!
I wouldn't miss his birthday for the world, I can't believe he will be 3... time just flies! I haven't seen him in over 5 months, it's been extremely difficult but technology has been amazing. I will stay with you guys here, we will be down there for a week.

That trip of yours had to have been just amazing and full of amazing sights and many memories. Those are the most precious things in life, experience and memories. What was your favorite country and or city? Or maybe a special moment or sight?
To be fair every country I visited it had its own vibe and beauty and cant compare to others. I do remember being up in Alps mountain, we slept in a car had to keep engine running so it would not freeze up in the car it was so cold lol.
We deliberately took long way round so we could see more.It was definitely memorable trip and it will stay with me forever.

Last edited:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
To be fair every country I visited it had its own vibe and beauty and cant compare to others. I do remember being up in Alps mountain, we slept in a car had to keep engine running so it would not freeze up in the car it was so cold lol.
We deliberately took long way round so we could see more.It was definitely memorable trip and it will stay with me forever.
That sounds pretty epic and the sleeping in the idling car tops it off haha now that is an experience! I would love to do a similar road trip one day maybe when my son is older we can accomplish something like that!
MB have a great trip with your Mom! Be safe in Mexico. I have a major road trip plans trains and automobile story but I need to tell it via a real PC keyboard as typing on an iPhone sucks!
Thanks MD! I appreciate it!
I look forward to hearing your adventure, I love hearing other's traveling stories. I think some of the best storys and experiences in life happen on an adventure, both good and bad and all the hilarity that ensues.

It's like living in a national lampoons movie haha

be safe bro. bring me back a mexican swithblade.
happy b.day to the kidster too.

Thanks Rick, I appreciate it very much!

I'll keep a look out for one of those switchblades. It's ironic as I've always ALWAYS wanted one but after 4 years in Mexico I have yet to find one... Weird as I always heard you get those in Mexico... If I find some I'll get us them!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Where in Mexico?

I love Mexico
Small border town in Sonora, the best food and Carne Asada! I've been to about 4 states in Mexico and Sonora is probably my favorite soley for the food although Zacatecas was the most beautiful and vibrant city. The city Zacatecas is like walking into another time or world, there is life everywhere. Street musicians, artist, singers, dancers, performers, vendors, speakers, poetry... Just so much going on down every street, ally and nook, it was an amazing experience I have yet to experience anywhere else... I LOVE that city, it's high on my list of places to retire one day... Sonora? Amazing but too damn hot!

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Thanks Rick, I appreciate it very much!

I'll keep a look out for one of those switchblades. It's ironic as I've always ALWAYS wanted one but after 4 years in Mexico I have yet to find one... Weird as I always heard you get those in Mexico... If I find some I'll get us them!

yep ya gotta look hard for them. the ones from Italy are the good ones. can cost ya $250 for one here
if you can find them.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
yep ya gotta look hard for them. the ones from Italy are the good ones. can cost ya $250 for one here
if you can find them.
It's ironic that I've found it hard to find any knives or "weapons" amongst my time in Mexico. Atleast you can find a poncho with your favorite NFL team on every street corner!

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Small border town in Sonora, the best food and Carne Asada! I've been to about 4 states in Mexico and Sonora is probably my favorite soley for the food although Zacatecas was the most beautiful and vibrant city. The city Zacatecas is like walking into another time or world, there is life everywhere. Street musicians, artist, singers, dancers, performers, vendors, speakers, poetry... Just so much going on down every street, ally and nook, it was an amazing experience I have yet to experience anywhere else... I LOVE that city, it's high on my list of places to retire one day... Sonora? Amazing but too damn hot!

I've been to Mexico many times but always on the coast at a resort south of Cancun...love it sooo much!

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
A 2,000 mi. road trip with mom?

I suggest tons of pics and vids. We only get one mom, cherish every moment. And take anyone else along that you can as well. Doesn't matter if they're family or not, who cares.

None of us are getting out of here alive, live every moment like it's your last.

:coffee:

Latest posts