RIP Ray Liotta

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
what do you mean he was funny? Funny how? He wasn't in any funny movies. So tell me, how was he funny?
sure he was...

(edit)

although he played a straight part, he was absolutely the best actor in this. The movie was dumb overall, but JLH wasn't bad to look at & Liotta was hilarious.

dragonvalve

Reaction score

The scene is evident of Ray's acting energy. He stood in front of the likes of Travolta, Allen, WHM, ML and turned them into veritable "extras" even towering over PF.

Ray was funny in that he always had this wise-guy smirk on his face that connected with the camera. That's not easy to do. He could turn it on in a split-sec. I've been in a number of movies as an extra even standing next to the hero in scenes in a tight shot and relating with the camera does not come easy.

Ray knew what to do as he was a natural.

He was James Dean all over again.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG, I just learned about this … I loved him!

His role in Goodfellas alone put him in the top tier for his generation of actors. A legit old-school movie star. RIP, dude.
Yeah man, I liked him a lot too. It's a no brainer for me though, I like all the good mob flicks - which reminds me, I need to post a question about that.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, I liked him a lot too. It's a no brainer for me though, I like all the good mob flicks - which reminds me, I need to post a question about that.

Best mob movie? Would be a good thread.

I think I’m gonna go watch Billy Batts get whacked again.

Wait … let’s all enjoy it together!

Bonus clip: ”The Neighbor”