Ricks Clam Shack.

Riffraff

Reaction score
nice work guys.
i was thinking, for some reason, that there would be just one track and several guitars adding their flair to the track in their style. :shrug:

Here it is. The file is available for download for the next players to make their additions.

Riffraff - 0.01 to 2:13

JParry335 - 2:14 to 4:27

There are 2 more lead positions waiting to be filled from 4:28 to 8:57.

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is. The file is available for download for the next players to make their additions.

Riffraff - 0.01 to 2:13

JParry - 2:14 to 4:27

There are 2 more lead positions waiting to be filled from 4:28 to 8:57.

@Riffraff @JParry335 this is a cool slow laid back progression, I have so far let it play through about 3 times and I thought I could add to it with out getting crazy, but the only device I have is my iPhone.
And I have no idea what I need to do to download and record it to actually put it in , because once I try to record I have no means of playing along with the track..
So you’re just going to have to take my word guys..
Cool piece of music brother’s

Riffraff

Reaction score
@Mitchell Pearrow
Go on a PC and go to the 1st page of this forum thread and you will see 4 Soundcloud clips I posted. The 4th one in blue that says "BLUES" is the backer for this with no additions on it. All the way over on the right of that clip you will see a little arrow pointing down. Click on that and the MP3 will download into your PC. Upload that track into your looper pedal if you have one with a USB port. Now you can jam with it and record it with your phone or whatever you normally use. Have fun brother. :cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
@Mitchell Pearrow
Go on a PC and go to the 1st page of this forum thread and you will see 4 Soundcloud clips I posted. The 4th one in blue that says "BLUES" is the backer for this with no additions on it. All the way over on the right of that clip you will see a little arrow pointing down. Click on that and the MP3 will download into your PC. Upload that track into your looper pedal if you have one with a USB port. Now you can jam with it and record it with your phone or whatever you normally use. Have fun brother. :cheers:
That’s the problem I have no PC or any other device.
Thanks for the reply buddy

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the reason I do everything in the cheap hillbilly way that I do, I have the low end Boss RC1 with no USB port .
And no funds for this garage hack to purchase any recording gear but , I am happily following along .
Cheers

Sapient

 
Reaction score
This is the reason I do everything in the cheap hillbilly way that I do, I have the low end Boss RC1 with no USB port .
And no funds for this garage hack to purchase any recording gear but , I am happily following along .
Cheers
Mitch, download the SoundCloud app for your phone. You can record a track there and share it right to SoundCloud. It might even have a metronome to play to so the tracks align. Not sure. There may be other features that may allow you to play along with one of their tracks too. You should check it out.

THEN MITCH BE TRACKIN' IN THE CLAM SHACK!!

Is there any better place to be than in a clam shack? Not really.

:hbang:

JParry335

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey brother.
I didn't give up, just blowing on the spark trying to get a flame going.

Just a juggling clown trying to keep everyone's interest until the main event begins. Hahaha.

I'm looking forward to the jams. It's going to be epic. :dude:

You are doing God's work R.
I read your post about how busy you are and I experienced shame.
But I also felt motivated.

JParry335

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday rockers! :headbanger::cheers:

So a few web jam buddies of mine added leads to the Goth Rock clip I posted here on Page 5 for jam bait. I thought I would share it with you guys since that clip is here for you guys to jam on too. For me it is really interesting hearing how the other players dealt with the slower parts with the awkwardly long space between chord changes. That tripped me up a little when I did my addition but I found a way through it.

This longer jam version was made because my buddy Nick posted a comment on my earlier shorter version saying he liked it and wanted to jam on it so I lengthened it and threw it up again. That's the version I posted on page 5 of this thread for you guys to jam on. He jumped on it and added his lead from 2:00 to 3:13 and posted that and Al added a lead to Nick's version from 3:14 until the end. Here's the jam.

Since I'm here I thought I would add another track to jam on too.
I'm going to work on this one and since it's long I'll leave a lot of open space for my fellow guitar nuts to add to it. Here's the version with no leads added.

Nice job on this! Killer tones and playing. I’m in Nashville at the moment so won’ be able to follow up for a while. Just got in last night and my wife and I played a couple of tunes in a small local bar. They provided an acoustic guitar so we figured, when in Nashville......it was fun! Keep up the great work. You’ve given me some insipration!!!

Riffraff

Reaction score
Very cool! That must have been a blast and sort of a bucket list thing. My wife would have loved to do that. She is a pitch perfect singer and big country music fan so that would have been a big thrill for her.

Unfortunately we're a bit trapped and can't travel anymore due to our care taking responsibilities with her mom who is older now and our son who has CP and requires full care. Her parents used to take care of him years ago when he was young, small and easy to lift so we could go away on vacation but now he's 27 and a full sized man so that's not so easy anymore. Her dad passed away 2 years ago and her mom has really bad arthritis so it's like a nursing home around here, LOL!

Since we are home bound and have a fairly large amount of at the time unused property we took on 2 rescue horses & a bunch of chickens, as if we didn't have enough to deal with. Regretting that decision. :slap: At least the horses are old AF and chickens have a pretty short life span so the suffering can't go on too many more years. :scream:

Now you know why I do jams. Distractions from reality via crack of dawn jams during the week or bourbon after 9:30 pm on weekends when our nursing home duties end for the day are a must. :rofl:

Have fun man. We'll get to the jams when we can. No time table, it's not a job and I refuse to make it one. I've got too many already.

Last edited:

Eric'45

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your situation- I don't really know how to respond to this... My thoughts are with you and I really, really hope we will get some Stuff going together :wave:
I'm just in the process of searching an new House while selling the old one. In my future there will be a nice dedicated Recording/ Jam Room but there's a lot to do until then. Because I had to work in my current Man-cave, my Equipment was partially packed away, but I'm done now and this weekend I have to play a bit 'Blues for the Soul'...
Your latest Track really got my Attention- I immediately felt it needs some Palm- Muted Powerchords during some Parts to shift into a higher Gear-
I've been jamming along with your Blues, too and I if you don't mind, I will play a 3rd Solo to it. (I hope to get it finally done this weekend, but I won't promise anything).
Just so you know there are People that care for all this and I'm hungry to contribute anything. BTW, If anybody has some Guitar Ideas, feel free to post them here! No matter what It is, I could provide Bass and Hammond Organ, too. I find the Idea fascinating of someone just thowing a Riff or Chord progression in there, there are others who can add whatever they want to it- we have some decent multi- Instrumentalists here.

Riffraff

Reaction score
Hey Eric, how have you been brother? I know we will get things happening. Glad to hear you like that track. I think that's a cool one too. I think that's going to be a really cool one for collaborating on.

I plan to spend a little time dialing in the lead tone I want to use on that and feeling my way around it tomorrow morning. I like to start by putting a rough plan together in my mind and then 30 seconds in throw it away and go in a completely different direction. :lol: I'm kidding a bit but that happens a lot. However when you have a song with a strong, melodic hook like this one does it's easy to work out a few interesting melodic lines, build off of them then bring that melodic line back in the tune later in the song. I enjoy the feeling of control that comes with that type of writing. It doesn't happen often but it's sure good when it does. Hoping for that on this one.

I'm also fascinated how really cool tunes are built from the most basic beginnings but I've seen it on collaboration tunes countless times. As long as the player that starts the clip has his instrument properly tuned and plays their part in time people can upload that in their DAW and build on it. I try to add a click track when I do those and tell others what the BPM rate is so they can easily add their parts in time as well. Magic often happens as those layers are added which is very inspiring to participate in. We will do one of those brother. :cheers:

Riffraff

Reaction score
Prayers for the RiffRaff family and thank you for rescuing.

Thanks bro, we'll be okay. We've settled into a routine and manage. A person can adapt and get used to just about anything.

My wife & I are big advocates for animal rescue. We have 2 dogs and a cat that are rescues too. Boone (black mouth curr, 70 lbs) & Folly (hound/lab mix 97 lbs). Our cat Petie is a big black 18 lb a-hole that rules the household and thinks he is a dog. We found him as a 5 week old stray kitten in a parking lot and raised him with three 100+ lb dogs. He fears nothing and never backs down from any confrontation.

Last edited: