>

Reunited Classic Lineup Of Dokken Plays First Show

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Oct 1, 2016.

1. John 14:6

John 14:6 Well-Known Member

I have heard all of the latest Dokken, Lynch, Pilson, Brown interviews on Youtube from Eddie Trunk, Mitch Lafon, the guys on The Classic Metal Show and Brian Sword on his The Double Stop podcast. And even more recently on the KBAD radio program broadcast from where they played in South Dakota. According to Mick Brown, Lynch asked him the first day back together if Mick was up for more shows. Mick is open to the idea for sure, but told Lynch let's get through these ones first and see how things go. Lynch said in an interview that he believes there is a 50/50 chance of more reunion shows and Lynch has been very candid in multiple interviews saying that he is pushing for more shows. Jeff Pilson has said in several recent interviews that he is open to the idea also.

The only guy saying no at this point is Don Dokken. Don bagged on Mick Brown in an interview and the other guys as well for talking about the reunion tour being on before the deal was signed. Don said it made it harder for him to negotiate a deal when the promoter already knew the band would say yes. You kind of loose all your leverage or bargaining chips. I believe that Don will say "not gonna happen, no chance, no way" right up until the money and terms are right and he signs the contract. I would be willing to bet we will see at least a brief U.S. tour before the end of summer 2017.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  2. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✴- - - - - TEH - - - - -✴ ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Hmmm. :hmm: I also heard the stuff you're talking about that Don said, and I believe you're right. The band wants to do it and Don's being cautious, and for damned good reason I suppose, if you take into account his personal concerns regarding his beliefs and staying away from negativity, etc. It sounds like Don's also up front that what they're doing with this reunion tour is more about making money, yet on the other hand, when he spoke about continuing on later with offers to play enormous festivals, etc. he said money couldn't be the reason for continuing, it has to be about the music first. That may sound like he's contradicting himself, but again, I think it's more that he's being cautious; he's trying to keep the expectation from overtaking his sense of judgement. He's maintaining control over his life. Again, keeping in mind that this band has literally destroyed themselves in the past - so there's a lot of natural fear/concern there on his part. Anyone in his shoes right now who's wise would focus on the 8-date tour and keep his mouth shut about the future - even deny the possibility in case this small tour rears ugly heads. I re-listened to some of the interviews today, and it sounds like the big thing in the past was money; that it wasn't split 4 ways (George's perspective). But apparently this time Don is splitting the money equally among all four of them (Don's words), which may be the biggest reason why they're all willing to do this.

So anyway, John 14:6, I appreciate your response - I think you may be right and I truly hope you are. They're a great band who deserves to give each other a break, make the music and money they need to, and end their career on a 4-way high note. :h5::h5:

3. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

What difference does it make because from what I understand there are no future US dates?

Rignt? Wrong?

4. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✴- - - - - TEH - - - - -✴ ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

What difference does what make?

5. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

Whatever you want Vin. It is wide open.

Let's see what the future holds.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  6. Söulcaster

Söulcaster Well-Known Member VIP Member

Yea I thought it was weird that they just fuck off to Japan....I guess that's where the money is?

Peace

7. Vinsanitizer

Nobody makes money off of music in the US. So many US bands tour out of the country.

8. Söulcaster

Söulcaster Well-Known Member VIP Member

9. Vinsanitizer

Right. I could have been more specific. But screw it, I'm too lazy for that now.

10. 80sTone

80sTone Well-Known Member

Going to see Lynch next month here in PA...Usually the Mob does Dokken better than Don Dokken IMHO. More energy and fun. I have seen most of the options (Dokken, Don solo, Lynch in various band configs) several times. Every time I hear a rumor I get excited about original band, but they just don't seem to gel together or even hit the notes the same.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  11. Vinsanitizer

Can any of you guys say "Don Dokken" five times fast?

12. John 14:6

A nice Thank You from the reunited Dokken.:)

And a recent Dokken interview with all four of the guys in the room at the same time. And yes, they do get asked about the possibility of more shows together.:D

13. TKB

TKB Member

My Git Rig.JPG I saw Dokken (Don's band) View attachment 37763 last month at Rocktember in Minnesota and he wasn't hitting the notes he use to. I am only 1 year younger than Him and I get it. I'm just glad they got together again. And you can see by the picture I posted, I am definitely a Lynch Fan. One of the Greaties of the Eighties! View attachment 37763

14. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

I like Dons voice but thats about it. I always liked Georges sound and he always had some cool things going on in his music with Dokken. I kinda found the Lynch solo stuff was a little much all the over dubs and stuff he did was sort of like Vai i could only take it in small doses.

TKB likes this.
  15. Australian

Australian Green Beret Silver Supporting Member VIP Member

George has one volume. LOUD!

TKB likes this.
  16. John 14:6

Here is another one for the Dokken fans.:D