Real life (rant peeve ) the last 2 generations.

Flag

Reaction score
I say no and pissy about it, can't go anywhere without someone wanting free money. and no way will I support anyone by donating money when I have no idea where it really goes.

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Yep, write in cursive when needing clandestine note to another adult. Both cars and pickup are all manuals - I’ve bought nothing but MTs since 1983 because it’s my preference and figured they were less likely to be stolen.

My neighbor is over 60 with 2 stepsons in early/mid 20s. Old guy is out mowing, trimming, shoveling snow and anything else requiring physical effort. I asked about the boys helping a couple weeks ago and he just shook his head.

Idiocracy indeed.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Most stores that I frequent are all about rounding up the bill?

Why not round down the total , instead of up charging the consumer?

At first ,I thought these local stores are asking to round up for a charity,or aid for some obscure country for wherever? Frankly I think that any business asking taxpayers for more is bullsh!t, let alone in this price gouging greedy economy. But that's a discussion for another time.

Facts are , its because the idiot kids they hire to work a computerized register ( that already does all the math for them ) CANT MAKE CHANGE FOR DOLLAR !!!!!!!
Why would a store hire such a dunce to work a register?
How did they graduate high school ,without 4 th grade math down pat?

Rant over.
Kids are getting smarter, but mostly STREET smarter.

You can bet that kid can make change for that dollar after you are gone and the next customer and the next and the next...

You can also be sure the extra $10 to $20 an hour they make pulling that stunt with every customer goes back to the manager because of CCTV. They split it with the manager or he lets them keep it all as their tip.

Flag

Reaction score
Yep, write in cursive when needing clandestine note to another adult. Both cars and pickup are all manuals - I’ve bought nothing but MTs since 1983 because it’s my preference and figured they were less likely to be stolen.

My neighbor is over 60 with 2 stepsons in early/mid 20s. Old guy is out mowing, trimming, shoveling snow and anything else requiring physical effort. I asked about the boys helping a couple weeks ago and he just shook his head.

Idiocracy indeed.
I see that a lot in my neighborhood. in a way now I blame the parent. but me, They'd be out there for sure.

Last edited:

South Park

Reaction score
for all those who are lost in the great wilderness of life .thar is a tent on the side of the road for you

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
The change counting drives me nuts too but to be fair, cash will be used less and less. Analog clocks should be a given these days still, I think.
Things do change and there are a lot of morons out there today, I don't believe everything from the 60s or 70s youth was better.
I can't change the oil on either of my vehicles if I want to. No access to the filter, these horizontal mount fancy pants engines.
I used to.
It changed. I just pay someone to do it.
But yeah, stay off the phines amd go outside! Learn things, kids! Stay off the intern..

10kDA

Reaction score
I went to lunch with a friend & when we went to pay at the register, his was some amount like $16.50. He gave the girl a twenty, a single, and two quarters. She looked really agitated at first and he said "I gave you $21.50 because I need a five." She kept looking a the money in her hand, and at the register, and started to sputter a bit. He said "Just give me $5 and it works out." She yelled "How do YOU know?"

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Atleast the guys and mods on this forum are
straight up trustworthy and stand up guys:p

Sarcasm, not everyone gets it right away.
Honest question.
If you feel the guys and mods of the forum are NOT straight up trustworthy and stand up guys, based upon I dunno what, then why do you still frequent it?
If I felt that I would be gone. But that's me.

GregM

Reaction score
Honest question.
If you feel the guys and mods of the forum are NOT straight up trustworthy and stand up guys, based upon I dunno what, then why do you still frequent it?
It's not that he is paranoid , it's because we are all out to get him !

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Sure seems like the older generations whine a lot more than younger people.
Maybe just the natural order I suppose.
Grumpy old farts yelling at clouds lol
the young one have nothing to yell about yet. they are to young still.
we GenX just want things back the way gen Y found it before genZ fucks
it up totally beyong repair.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Honest question.
yep. nothing wrong with our mods here. fair guys. cool guys.
the goal is not to make them work to hard. i wouldnt trade them
for a brand new Friedm.......... nope i damn sure wouldnt.

Derek S

Reaction score
Sure seems like the older generations whine a lot more than younger people.
Maybe just the natural order I suppose.
Grumpy old farts yelling at clouds lol
Heh, it's a matter of perception I guess. I personally notice just as many whiny, angry, pissy young folks as old people out there (although I agree, that's been going on forever lol, hardly a thing with just the previous couple, it's a cycle as you say), more so even...but we all see what we want to see. I'd rather have a few crabby old guys shaking their fists at clouds (and trees :D ) or yelling at neighbors for letting their dogs shit on their lawn, bitching on message boards, etc, than 10's of thousands of young people burning our cities to the ground, breaking into dept. stores and cleaning them out, running around town punching old people in the face while filming it to share later, etc. Don't try to convince me it's mostly the old folks with the issues - everyone is guilty of complaining and acting a fool, young, middle aged and older, we all just express it differently.

-grumpy old guy on message board ;)

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Guys our age have to stick to the old adage,
"the devil made me do it"
But I guess these days it's,
" tiktok,twitter,Facebook and social media suggested that I do it"
It's funny how many parents asked Google ,why is my kid stupid?
Lol
Again, I'm only cranking on the knuckleheads. The good kids get a free pass. For now lol

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Money money money!
Will always be the problem.

Too bad we let the most stupid of humans manage the biggest piles of money.

Funny event, in NJ a person who spent about $500 on his campaign beat a very powerful Democrat.

Or is that Demon crat!

Dale Faulkner

Reaction score
Ok I' ll clarify.
If you are from the last two generations, and consider yourself a knucklehead that can't break change for a buck. Then the content in this post MAY hurt your feelings.

True. There are morons from every generation , that is factual. But theres a line than shouldn't be crossed, or at the very least ....know where that line actually is . Morals plays a part in that. that at least 3 previous generations didn't base their day on what a phone app tells them to do ,think, and carry out, and how to cancel. Previous didnt base their life around a fake friends list and internet validation :0 That goes for real life and entertainment , theres a difference! Funny how the kids of today want to bash , judge ,cancel and protest almost everything when they don't get their way, nor fits cinto their ideology. But when someone flings sh!t at them, they whine and cry how unfair life is. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
LOL now that's funny sh!t right there.

Textbook, Do as I say, not as I do. Dish it out, but can't take it generation.
Snowflake 101

Again, over achievers are one thing, hooray for the kid and the parent & teacher,mentor for promoting education and manners,life choices. It all starts at home. Either kids wanna emulate what they see,or go the opposite direction in life. You can be the most proficient parent on all levels, but your kid may still turn into an axe murderer. Or just the opposite. Let's face facts, one does not have to be a genius to make it through life. But there's a certain amount of extroverted people skills one needs to navigate in today's society . Not every kid needs to be an expert survival practitioner, but just enough skills to get themselves out of a serious jam will prove to be good thing in the future. One needs an internal toolbox of survival skills of sorts,....figuratively speaking of course ,that should be mandatory. Parents don't wanna be parents, they wanna be their kids friend. That's fine on a certain level, I totally understand connection-bonding. A cool -hip parent is a great thing! But kids have plenty of friends, they need guidance, not a buddy .

If you guys feel that I'm singling any of you guys out, that's on you. lol
But this is just a post. Don't take it so personally. Unless you're a knucklehead, then take it personally.

There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of common sense exercised these days.
Lead by example
Well said!!!!!😃