VAWRLMf.png

Anything goes. Unlimited inserts. :)

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

You are awesome.
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess someone should post a pic...in the "Random Gear Pics..." thread?
View attachment 100657

2012 Wildwood '54 Stratocaster. The Custom Shop Fat 50's p/u's are amazing to me.
^ Oooooh, very noyce. :yesway: I had that guitar in the see-through white color. I sold it 'cause I kept pulling the E strings off the edge of the fingerboard. It barely weighed 7 lbs with the bar in.

2020 Pro II Strat, a rather fanciful delight. This guitar goes well with chocolate chip ice cream.
full

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
^ Oooooh, very noyce. :yesway: I had that guitar in the see-through white color. I sold it 'cause I kept pulling the E strings off the edge of the fingerboard. It barely weighed 7 lbs with the bar in.

2020 Pro II Strat, a rather fanciful delight. This guitar goes well with chocolate chip ice cream.
full
I like it! :applause:

Sounds to me like a new nut slotted properly would have solved the high e issue on the other guitar.

Vinsanitizer

You are awesome.
VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 R9.
This guitar is so perfectly balanced that when I sit on a stool and play it, if I take off one of the knobs and let go, the neck flips down, hits the chair leg and smashes to the floor. Or if I take a tuner off and let go, the neck swings up and hits me in the head before the guitar falls face-down on the floor. This has happened so many times that there's lines in the top, as you can see in fig. 1 below.

fig 1.
full

Update: Also, it took me a long time to come up with a name, but I eventually nicknamed it "2013 Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1959 VOS Bourbon Burst with Custombuckers, Aniline Dye & Truss Rod Condom", for short.

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

You are awesome.
VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it! :applause:

Sounds to me like a new nut slotted properly would have solved the high e issue on the other guitar.
It would have required a narrower version of the bridge. I forget the name of the manufacturer, but it's a common replacement bridge for that, apparently it's an issue for some people.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
2013 R9.
This guitar is so perfectly balanced that when I sit on a stool and play it, if I take off one of the knobs and let go, the neck flips down, hits the chair leg and smashes to the floor. And if I take a tuner off and let go, the neck swings up and hits me in the head before the guitar falls face-down on the floor. This has happened so many times that it has lines in the top as you can see in fig. 1 below.

fig 1.
full

That's just outright tender, 'Ster.

:yesway::yesway:

Latest posts