Proper Use Of 2 Heads/1 Cab

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by C_sanchez01, Jun 28, 2016.

1. C_sanchez01

C_sanchez01 New Member

I want to try running my JMP+JCM 900 through my 1960A cab. I know when using two separate cabs there can be the problem of one of them going out of phase. Can this also be a problem when using 2 heads into 1 cab? I have a radial big shot ABY pedal that I plan on using to play through the 2 heads at the same time. The pedal has features to prevent the ground loop/phase problems. So far I know, when setting up the two heads to the cab, is to set both heads to 8 ohms and select the stereo setting on the cab. I'd just like to know the proper way of going about setting everything up. I don't wanna ruin any of this gear.

2. GIBSON67

GIBSON67 Well-Known Member

First off, welcome to the forum!

And you are correct to connect each amp to one input(8 ohms) of your stereo cab and run each amp at 8 ohms.

3. C_sanchez01

C_sanchez01 New Member

Thanks! So is the whole problem with amps being out phase happen only when using two cabs?

4. GIBSON67

GIBSON67 Well-Known Member

I am not sure about phase problems, but you say your ABY pedal should take care of that...so IDK.

But check it out for yourself, it shouldn't burn up anything doing it the way you described.

5. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

If you do get phase problems and want to use one cab and two heads the Radial Switchbone is supposed to deliver.

radialeng likes this.