Product Delays/shortages, how does it affect your job?

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the end result of corporate america sending all the jobs to other countries in search of maximum profit, no domestic sources.
It’s a perfect storm of covid, people demanding higher wages for menial jobs, and another industrial revolution.

it’s happened before and it’ll happen again.

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday morning. May have taken it out on you a little.

Well then fire away, brother!
My wife was in a bad mood Monday, and jumped all over me about some... thing. IDK.
I think the times we live in are getting to us all.

No worries. :yesway:

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s a perfect storm of covid, people demanding higher wages for menial jobs, and another industrial revolution.

it’s happened before and it’ll happen again.

Man, it seems like all that's been going on is a "perfect storm". It seems so well planned out step by step that I wonder if it's UFO's*.

*Figuratively speaking, if anyone catches my drift.

DaDoc

Reaction score
This is the end result of corporate america sending all the jobs to other countries in search of maximum profit, no domestic sources.

Yup.

Before that, one could get a factory job that paid pretty darned good money. Even as a temp in a lot of cases..I know, as I did that for a short while. Working as a temp in a factory work might not be the ideal job, but if nothing else it was a decent payday until one could find something better..But those days are gone.

One hears a lot of "We can't get help!", but it's usually for something like waiting tables or working at Wal-Mart..And we've all seen the Wal-Mart thread! :lol:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I've seen no impact because the world is a great place and everyone does everything fair and right. There is nothing to be scared of and we should all rest assured that we are in good hands. Being blind as a bat is a wonderful thing! Wiiiieeee!!

father-ted.gif

:thumbs:

It could come to a situation in which people are going to want to go back to work only to discover they have been replaced by a robot!

HEYY!! Cheer up chap! Who went doo doo in your corn fakes?? Don't be such downer ...pAAA ...lEESE! I think you just need to taste the rainbow! YIPEE!!!

skittles2339856-prints.jpg

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen no impact because the world is a great place and everyone does everything fair and right. There is nothing to be scared of and we should all rest assured that we are in good hands. Being blind as a bat is a wonderful thing!

:thumbs:

"Ignorance is bliss".

Redguitar

Reaction score
I work for a shop that makes industrial power/control panels. We take a job as far as we can, then it sits around for months waiting on parts.

We have more demand these days than ever before, for our panel/cabinet builds. We could be even much busier if we had those parts.

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Construction industry is in shambles right now—Amazon offering sky high wages and signing bonuses for warehouse workers is causing warehouse staffing shortages all across the US. Manufacturers are holding prices for weeks instead of months so contractors are going belly up because they even if they can get product out of a warehouse it is 25-50% more expensive then when they bid the job.

lespaul339

Reaction score
Manufacturers are holding prices for weeks instead of months so contractors are going belly up because they even if they can get product out of a warehouse it is 25-50% more expensive then when they bid the job.

We're running into that also. When we bid something now we can only honor the quote for 15 days because the manufacturers won't honor old prices. It's getting ridiculous! Our customers get pissed, but we just tell them if they raise the price on us and we have to pay more then so do you. All we can do is pass it along.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
At least the price of lumber and bldg materials came way down.

The greedy business are still gouging.
Pork went up....what...why now?
Gas up ,.....now.....supply and demand games again.
Coin shortages...only some store are still faking this nonsense, to force credit card data harvesting.

I was patient with the poor and lack of service for nearly 2 full years. Now Im not so patient anymore. As a matter of fact , I blatantly boycott the sheet out of all the guilty suspects.
Now the USPS are cranking prices up again, and expect even bigger delays. The US postmaster general needs to be canned pronto. The service already sucks bad, yet they keep charging more for much lesser quality service . This company wonders why its going into the ground,.....REALLY ?

Derek S

Reaction score
Tried two more times this week to get my oil changed...and got two more "sorry man, not right now" results (not blaming them, I get it). It's a minor, first world gripe, I know, and I can hear people thinking "just change it yourself dude" and I get that too. But I finally caught a break yesterday when I asked a mechanic in my hood that always waves hello if he'd mind doing it and he agreed, said he'll knock it out this weekend at his house (he does lots of side work and minor repairs for friends/neighbors). Anyway, just saying, 5 attempts in a couple of weeks to get my oil changed at various spots around town and zero luck. What used to be such simple things are no more - the times, they are a changing...for the worse.

DaDoc

Reaction score
The place where I usually get my oil changed just went belly-up..Went by there the other day and the building's for sale.

It's too bad. They did great work, were fast, and the owner was a nice dude..They also did small engine repair. It
always sucks to see a good small business go under.

Not to mention that now I gotta find a new place, I may wind up having to drive 30 miles over the pass to get my oil changed..:facepalm:

Last edited:

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Go buy some ramps- a spanner wrench and proper 6 pt socket-rubber gloves.
Walmart for most name brand synthetic oils and filters .
Most cars $40 full synthetic name brand oil/filter
Most Trucks $50 full synthetic oil and filter
30 minutes the first time.
20 minutes thereafter.
Dont be a prisoner to the man,....Change it yourself.........Anytime you want !

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go buy some ramps- a spanner wrench and proper 6 pt socket-rubber gloves.
Walmart for most name brand synthetic oils and filters .
Most cars $40 full synthetic name brand oil/filter
Most Trucks $50 full synthetic oil and filter
30 minutes the first time.
20 minutes thereafter.
Dont be a prisoner to the man,....Change it yourself.........Anytime you want !
That's the plan for tomorrow afternoon, oil change for the Jeep.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
That's the plan for tomorrow afternoon, oil change for the Jeep.

My trucks ez. No ramps nec'.
I just roll under with a 5 gallon lowes bucket,and a 15mm. Oil filter wrench built into the end of my wrist.
15 minute ordeal every 3500 miles.
I couldnt imagine a jabron working on my vehicle .

A little more to it with low fancy cars. Getting them on ramps is a challenge, without tearing off the ground effects.
:nuts:

Last edited:

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
The big builders were raping people on new homes for the past 18 mo, & the small lumber yards are still marked up 100+%, and got stuck with the expensive stock that they cant sell off.

Last edited:

Latest posts