possible 1972 1935B cab - need your help to clarify

0 2339

Reaction score
hey all, i need your help - i'm looking at purchasing an early 70's 1935B cab. vendor claims it's coming with its original speakers - G12M 55HZ; T1511 stamp on frame, still waiting on confirmation if the stamps on the cones are the correct ones (should read 102 014 if i'm correct...). one pic of a speaker frame would identify it as a Feb. '72, but still waiting on the other ones.

thing that confuses me is that the labels read '75Hz' and since it's a 'Rola Celestion' label shouldn't it be correctly saying '55HZ'? i have stumbled across numerous threads on wrong labelling, wrong stamps etc with celestions so it might just be another...

thanks for your help :)

BygoneTones

Reaction score
I think by Feb 72 they should have 55Hz on the labels. I have seen them with the wrong labels on though. I wouldn't worry about the labels, so long as the cone stamps are right.

0 2339

Reaction score
thanks for your reply mate! yeah, i was already on your page to date the speakers. i was just a bit unsure because it's stated that the stickers should be correct for the 'Rola Celestions'... but good to hear a trusty source who has experienced 'wrong stickering' with these too :)