Poll: Which 20-watt Studio Series Marshall is best: SV20, SC20, or Studio Jubilee?

If you had to have just one Studio Series Marshall, which would it be?

• SV20H/C

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • SC20H/C

Votes: 44 31.9%
  • 2525H/C

Votes: 29 21.0%

• Total voters

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried one - tried to like it but something wasn’t quite to my liking. It felt overly compressed. But Ola and Lambchopper have both proven you can get killer tones out of them.
DSLs have very compressed dynamics- All of them. It's why I had a love/mostly hate affair with mine for 7 years or so.
I have to agree, Dsl’s are a bit too compressed for my liking too.

Msharky67

Reaction score
I have both the SC20h and the 2525h. I love both of them and yes someday I will have the SV20h too. I waited 20 years for Marshall to make models like these. If they would have made these back when I started playing I would have bought all three and probably a DSL too. I would have been set for life. I never thought I would have a silver jubilee. The SC20 is just classic. Everything I wanted the 2204 to have without the excess volume. I know I will love the SV20h too. Marshall got something right for once. I really can't seem to think what I could get next that could exceed my expectations. I am blessed to have what I have at the moment. :flex:

Solid State

Reaction score
At the end of the day - the correct answer to "what amp should I get?" is the DSL40C - end of story. If your budget goes into Studio territory, fine - but if you're having to ask? Get the 40C

purpleplexi

Reaction score
While I love my SV20C, I'm sure not selling my DSL40CR. I think it's a great amp, add the big footswitch and it's a great gig amp.

Totally agree and I have the same 2. Love them both.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
I was in Nashville this past weekend and finally got a chance to test out a used SV20H with a matching 2x12 cab with a very nice ($$$) R9 in an amp room.

The amp sounded really nice, the treble was very controllable, plenty of bass response, very articulate, and not crazy-loud like a lot of non-master Marshall’s that I’ve owned.

I’m impressed and probably should have made an offer on the amp. I would need to use an OD pedal with the amp for my at-home needs.

Definitely on my next-amp want list.

A97F9F75-3ABD-43B5-B9AE-C728187A22DD.jpeg

Last edited:

jeffb

Reaction score
Tampa/Clearwater folk-

In the late 70s and until around 1991 or so my parents owned a house, then condo in the "Countryside" development in Clearwater (when they bought the house, the development was mostly empty and not plowed down yet... so yeah..long time ago).

There was a big music store in Tampa I went to a couple times...but when I went back for a visit in 2005, I couldn't find it any more. They used to do a big sidewalk sale or something every year. Anyone recall the place?

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Tampa/Clearwater folk-

In the late 70s and until around 1991 or so my parents owned a house, then condo in the "Countryside" development in Clearwater (when they bought the house, the development was mostly empty and not plowed down yet... so yeah..long time ago).

There was a big music store in Tampa I went to a couple times...but when I went back for a visit in 2005, I couldn't find it any more. They used to do a big sidewalk sale or something every year. Anyone recall the place?

Perhaps Thoroughbred Music or Paragon Music. Most likely Paragon Music (on Hillsborough Avenue?) since Thoroughbred moved to Clearwater prior to Paragon closing it’s doors for good.

Thoroughbred moved from a small strip store on Nebraska Avenue, to a larger store on Hillsborough Avenue, and finally to the (previous) Kapok Tree Restaurant location in Clearwater on McMullen Booth Rd.

Sam Ash bought out Thoroughbred years ago and took over the current Clearwater Kapok Tree location.

Last edited:

jeffb

Reaction score
Perhaps Thoroughbred Music or Paragon Music.

Thoroughbred! That's it. Thank you! The last time I was there..91? 92? Bought a bunch of pickups and some pedals from them during some big sale. They had stuff advertised for whatever price and they gave me a significant discount on top of that - my GF was with me standing in line outside for an hour for the sale and she was in a very teeny neon pink and yellow bikini trying to get her tan on while we were down in FL. The store guys kept trying to chat her up.

Good times.

Now I'm old , in bad shape, and can't remember if I took my medicine with breakfast.:hmm:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
………..Now I'm old , in bad shape, and can't remember if I took my medicine with breakfast.:hmm:
Hahaha, I’m with you buddy on all accounts, except I use a pill organizer so I don’t forget my pills, :noplease: works most of the time.

Funny though, I never forget to take my pain meds!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

jeffb

Reaction score
Hahaha, I’m with you buddy on all accounts, except I use a pill organizer so I don’t forget my pills, :noplease: works most of the time.

Funny though, I never forget to take my pain meds!

Me too. On the organizer.

As for the pain pills- we have a built in reminder for that :mad: