Poll: Which 20-watt Studio Series Marshall is best: SV20, SC20, or Studio Jubilee?

If you had to have just one Studio Series Marshall, which would it be?

• SV20H/C

Votes: 65 47.1%
  • SC20H/C

Votes: 44 31.9%
  • 2525H/C

Votes: 29 21.0%

• Total voters

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
For a few hundred more you can get a full sized version of those amps which I recommend unless you need the small lightweight size.

Solid State

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be able to play the SC20, SV20 and the Origin50 at the same store. The SC20 was exactly what I had been looking for but the SV20 being a mini-Yngwie amp definitely got a lot of my attention. Ultimately I went with the 20 because it fit more what I play and like to listen to.

The Dawson's music store demos are the ones that sound the most like the in-room sound you get from the amps. In fact, those demos are stellar for giving a true-to-real-life sound. Between the SC20 and the SV20 I just say - how often is volume a concern and do the artists you listen to play JCM800s or Plexis? They both have excellent sound quality.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Said this before - I have an SV which I run with a pedal and a little black box in the loop which means logically I ought to have got the SC because I want more gain at controllable volume. What can I say - I love plexis. That said an SC would fit in nicely.....

Didn't get on with the Jube at all.

wntbtw

Reaction score
The SC20 was exactly what I had been looking for but the SV20 being a mini-Yngwie amp definitely got a lot of my attention. Ultimately I went with the 20 because it fit more what I play and like to listen to.
Which 20 watter did you get?

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prefer having a master volume and keeping the diodes out of the amp.

View attachment 95760

Yep. Playing a rude Marshall makes me...? Want to play a classic Marshall. I love the wrestling match. Why I don't like civilized amps that play themselves. Many do. Women and amps are sometimes a like. You got one that plays herself most of the time? Why are you there? Then there is a Marshall girl that demands proper fingering.

You can tell by the eyes rolling back in her head. Which is exactly what a good Marshall amps does.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but why isn't the DSL20HR in the running?

PelliX

Reaction score
Prefer having a master volume and keeping the diodes out of the amp.

View attachment 95760

Exactly this - I wouldn't want an amp with diode clipping so that I can plug that in if I want it. The master volume on the SC20 is handy, though I must honestly admit that I haven't give the SV20 a fair chance.

LCW

Reaction score
Exactly this - I wouldn't want an amp with diode clipping so that I can plug that in if I want it. The master volume on the SC20 is handy, though I must honestly admit that I haven't give the SV20 a fair chance.

Didn’t mean as a diss but I like choosing my own overdrive externally. Running an SD-1 or TS-9 as a boost technically doesn’t use the clipping diodes in those pedals. I also use a TC integrated preamp clone pedal which kills it for higher gain thrash and death metal type sound.

LCW

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but why isn't the DSL20HR in the running?

I tried one - tried to like it but something wasn’t quite to my liking. It felt overly compressed. But Ola and Lambchopper have both proven you can get killer tones out of them.