Plays Like A Girl...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
this one plays like an 11 year old girl...

this is another one by that Siccas guitar company. I found this girl, on soc media, but a little older. She was playing some Japanese sounding piece, although it was supposedly Spanish. So, I had to hunt her down, as the piece I initially saw didn't name her.

One thing I like about watching some of these, is how they put a whole lot of simple ideas together to make something really nice & complete. It also shows that, a little understanding of theory, melody, harmony & rhythm can take you a long ways, if you can put it all together.

Redguitar

Reaction score
She does extremely well,,,as well.🙂

My daughter learned so many instruments in her college years. I'll attempt to find the video of her senior recital.

BluezMe

Reaction score
Girls can't Rock ??
Notice she's using Wooden Beaters on her Bass Drum pedals

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Girls can't Rock ??
Notice she's using Wooden Beaters on her Bass Drum pedals

never said that... it's tongue-in-cheek...

like the old saying, but... girls do rock. I have a whole series of these posts, w/ female musicians rockin' it up.

I've posted Yoyoka too, quite a few x's...

She rocks. My fave is when she does Achille's Last Stand, & does an admiral job.

listen all the way through. She definitely gets Bonham... a lot of people can play Bonzo, but they don't feel it. She feels it...

BluezMe

Reaction score
never said that... it's tongue-in-cheek...
I totally got your Tongue in Cheek Humor... was Playing along with a little Facetious Humoring Myself :)

But you bring up an interesting comparison with your Video. There's a Misconception... Bonzo was not that much of a "Heavy" Hitter (that girl actually hits Harder)... Bonzo was more of a Technician with Tremendous Feel and Creativity... getting most of his Power by playing more Notes on the Bass Drum.

My Evidence... Bonzo hit the Snare with a more "upright" stroke using primarily the Bead of the Stick on the Drumhead. Look how that girl strikes the Snare... a very Flat Hit (it's very Powerful)... and as far as I can tell... also hitting the Rim and Head simultaneously... the Flat Hit on the Rim and Head... produces a very loud "Crack".

a funny Bonzo story... (all from the Mouth of Carmine Appice) Vanilla Fudge Takes Zep on Tour... (or maybe just one or two performances) Bonzo and Carmine become Friends... Bonzo asks... and Carmine gets Ludwig to supply an Identical Blond Maple Kit... used until Jimmy told Bonzo.. lose that additional Bass Drum.

Anyway... Carmine says I really like that thing you're doing on the Bass Drum... (Triplets)
Bonzo... I got that from you... Carmine.. I don't do that... Bonzo gets the recording where Carmine did it once or twice.

Speaking of Asian Female Drummers... I really like this one. In a Area that is Saturated with Asian Female Drummers Playing 8th and 16th note Double Bass Drum barrages in Robotic Fashion... this Lady has some very tasteful "fills" but more important.. has a little "Swing"... in her playing

Last edited: