Playing a small bar gig- is this too much?

jimmyo

Reaction score
Played a bar this weekend and remembered this thread. Not a huge place, about 50-60 people probably. Used my JVM410h and 1960a 4x12 cab, playing range of stuff in a cover band - Stevie Wonder, Prince, Journey, Kansas, Bruno Mars, Muse, AC/DC. We tend to rock things up a bit. Had the master volume at about 4 for Rhythm and Master Volume 2 at about 5 for solos. Worked great, and everyone said how much more full the band sounded compared to when I go direct to FOH or bring a 1x12 combo.
Was totally practical as the JVM has a great master volume and gave me a solid live tone that sat in the mix perfectly

Spooky88

Reaction score
Love this thread, wanted to hate it when I saw the title but I have been enjoying all the comments. I’d bring a full stack to my gigs if I could, but I load up my full size suv with my 2 keyboards in flight cases (250+ lbs), stands, mic stands, guitar stands a combo amp, generally 1 electric guitar and an acoustic guitar. Not too mention the occasional powered sub and/or powered speakers. Damn drummers and their “need” for floor space.

Latest posts