Pink Floyd - One Of These Days Cover

HFloyd

Reaction score

Note to Mods: Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Apologies in advance and feel free to move it!
Edit: Thanks Mods! Will post in this forum in the future :)

So I recently picked up a P-Bass and an Ampeg SVT3-Pro. Naturally the proper thing to do after that is to record a cover of One Of These Days.

Halfway through, I used a Fuzz Face into my Marshall JVM for the slide solo, and if you'll forgive me for bragging, I think it came out freaking awesome (even if I suck ass at slide)

JVMs are fucking cool.

Last edited:

HFloyd

Reaction score
This sounds fu#$%^7 AMAZING .Wow what a job , I mean that this is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo and I have to think this is not one of the easiest songs to perform/play ! Once again Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words :)

I'm working on a Making-Of video. Mostly because I assumed that a song that had two chords in it would be dead simple, but it was a slight nightmare. Good fun though!

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for something I don't remember what.
Great job. I remember dropping Meddle onto the turntable of my brand new (and very expensive) Bang & Olufsen sound system back in the late '70's. Cranked the volume up and I still feel the chill down my spine thinking about how good it sounded.
You really did the track justice...well done. 🙂👍

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

Note to Mods: Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Apologies in advance and feel free to move it!
Edit: Thanks Mods! Will post in this forum in the future :)

So I recently picked up a P-Bass and an Ampeg SVT3-Pro. Naturally the proper thing to do after that is to record a cover of One Of These Days.

Halfway through, I used a Fuzz Face into my Marshall JVM for the slide solo, and if you'll forgive me for bragging, I think it came out freaking awesome (even if I suck ass at slide)

JVMs are fucking cool.

very nice work. dont see many Floyd covers on here.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words :)

I'm working on a Making-Of video. Mostly because I assumed that a song that had two chords in it would be dead simple, but it was a slight nightmare. Good fun though!
The way that it came out was brilliant and perfect IMHO . Totally nailed it and then some , and I have to think that it is not the easiest music to play or record for that matter .

HFloyd

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting such a kind and friendly reaction.

Y'all have put a dumb goofy smile on my face and it's appreciated. :)
Great job. I remember dropping Meddle onto the turntable of my brand new (and very expensive) Bang & Olufsen sound system back in the late '70's. Cranked the volume up and I still feel the chill down my spine thinking about how good it sounded.
You really did the track justice...well done. 🙂👍
It really is one of those things where the first time you hear it, properly loud, it'll make you go: "Woah what the fuck is THAT? Holy shit that's awesome"

Then of course Echoes comes in later on...

Great job. Doesn't really sound like Floyd but such a great composition and great playing from your side
This was one of the things I learned while making the cover. For a long time I was trying to get things to sound EXACTLY like Floyd but then I came to a rather unfortunate realisation.

I am not Pink Floyd.

So I decided to steal as many ideas from them as I could identify and imitate, and fill in the gaps with whatever else I had ;)

StingRay85

Reaction score
You should check out the Swiss band Monkey 3. They also do a modern take on this song. They are inspired by Floyd on most albums they make, still sound fresh and good

HFloyd

Reaction score

Took about a week, but here's the making-of.

20 minutes of...hot recording nerd action ;)

In all honesty, I learned a HEAP from recording this song, so I hope others can learn from it too :)

PaulHikeS2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was quite good. I really enjoyed it. Been listening to Meddle a lot lately, as for some reason I never owned it until I bought the record several months ago, even though I started listening to Floyd in the late 70s. So this was a fresh take on a song that I love that's also kind of new to me.

And I like your way of taking what you can and filling in the rest - that's what I do on a far lower talent level and it makes me a more creative player.

HFloyd

Reaction score
Thank you kindly :)

As a rabid Pink Floyd fanatic, it was important to me to acknowledge that I'm not doing it because I think I can do better than Pink Floyd or anything like that...it was just a love letter with me doing the best I can with what I have ;)

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This IS an achievement.
At first I was thinking that a silly guitarist had put the guitar too far forward in the mix.

But then something happened at around 3.45 Mins. It all came together.

We could all worry at the ways in which the copy is not exactly like the original. But this one is very enjoyable.

-BOOGIEMAN-

Reaction score
Fantastic cover of one of my favorite songs by the mighty Pink Floyd!!! The cherry on top for me is when I saw a Les Paul being used!!!
:cheers:
:nutkick: