Pics of My Plexi Superbass

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Vintage' started by krall, Oct 8, 2020.

1. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm being thick. Was the original owner EVH or similar?
    It is a really nice amp, but not museum spec. (replaced switches, replaced diodes, chassis cut for IEC inlet, replaced out put jacks and the aforementioned OT and capacitors.
    It is not a metal panel made into plexi either, that is clear.
    What am I missing?

junk notes and krall like this.
  2. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Yes you are, but you are still handsome. No one is here for a history lesson, but I can see why you favored BW, having work done for your amplifiers. EVH? museum piece? The OP simply wants to repair/rebuild a transformer for a 1968 1959 12 series Marshall, and not put it in a museum as you are injecting all this heresay..and know better. Were you not on metro forum since the 2000's? Then you would be familiar with why CM turns down work as you mentioned, but not a 12 series soo close to SL/A 12301, with the OP's head #12123. Besides the accumulation of spare parts for these Plexi's over the years. Another reason why he is the only one that has advertised specific transformers to these Plexi's. Again, if it were a different amp, then send it to anybody. The goal is contacting CM first and tell him what you have.

krall likes this.
  3. MemphisMarshallMan

MemphisMarshallMan Active Member

Ok, that is the most awesome thing I have seen this week.
    Brought back memories of long ago
    Enjoy that amp!

krall likes this.
  4. obx351

obx351 Active Member

It's a grail amp, I have 2 Merren trannys in my '67 JTM 50 and JTM 45 clones. He does a great job. Anyway, congrats on the amp.

krall likes this.