Performer vs Professional 11 Tele

Essexmark

Reaction score
Hello all. So thinking about my next guitar purchase and as I no longer have a Tele in my collection that's what I'm looking at next. However I'm really undecided between the American Performer or the American Professional 11. I know the Pro has a hardcase and a deep c neck compared to the performer with modern c neck and gig big, but here in the UK there is something like £600 difference between the two if you shop around a but. That's nearly a Studio Jubilee head difference between them (which is also on my list) . I have a US strat with the deep C neck which I love but still trying to square the circle on price difference. Bit hard to try and find local so need to go on advice/reviews etc. Any thoughts guys to those that have either and your reasons why?

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
The feel of the neck is so important to bonding or not bonding to a guitar. You should go with the one that feels and sounds the best to you. If it is the more expensive one maybe you should put off buying a tele until the right one comes along, and get the Jubilee for now.

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
I agree 100% with @Kinkless Tetrode . Personally, I don't get along with the Fender Modern C. You might also want to consider the Mexican made Vintera Teles. There are a few different neck options depending on whether you look at 50s, 60s, or 70s, and of course a bit less cost.

Essexmark

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. You are right. Neck feel is one of the major if not the most important part to a feel for a guitar...well imho anyway. I was trying to find a way to save myself £600 but let's face it, in the world of guitars and amps, that was never going to happen! Thanks for your replies.

KidBlast

Reaction score
What's your planned budget? The American Ultra series may worth a look. (not cheap $2k) My son just got one a week or two ago, It's really an excellent guitar. The noiseless pickups sound really good, and -- well noiseless!

Essexmark

Reaction score
Hi mate. My budget in UK is circa £1500. Tbh the Performer gets a sound I like but the Pro has the neck I really like....can't afford both!

KidBlast

Reaction score
I see, the neck profiles and fret profiles are all really key for the choices made. happy hunting!

Latest posts