Origin 20H Gig Report- Totally Gigable

Reaction score
Hi All.

I am about 6 gigs and 3 rehearsals into my new Origin 20H.

I run the Ori through 2 single 1 x 12. 1 w/Webber Silver Bell and 1 w/Cannibis Rex @ 16ohms.

Swapped out the preamp tubes for JJs and put EHXs in the ass end.

Shit you not, I am loud at 3 watts and a 1x12.

The 20 watt side has some seriously delicious headroom especially in a 2 x 12 config.

I am very impressed with how clean she can be (pre 5 master 7) yet the snarl and crunch are never far from reach.

I am so damned happy with this amp. I could never get my JMP, 800s or Jubillee to go wide open on the master side...not even close at 25 watts.

Having access to that power tube bucket of tone just makes my friggin gig. You simply cannot replicate the connection through a computer or a solid state amp. It's Joo Joo, Black Magic, VooDoo.

Thank you Marshall for an awesome working musician's Marshall.

Cheers

ps....get you a plastic toolbox from the tool store as an Amp Case. Your Uncle Jeffy lookin out for ya.

RCM 800

Reaction score
Hi All.

I run the Ori through 2 single 1 x 12. 1 w/Webber Silver Bell and 1 w/Cannibis Rex @ 16ohms.

The 20 watt side has some seriously delicious headroom especially in a 2 x 12 config.

I am very impressed with how clean she can be (pre 5 master 7) yet the snarl and crunch are never far from reach.

I am so damned happy with this amp. I could never get my JMP, 800s or Jubillee to go wide open on the master side...not even close at 25 watts.

Having access to that power tube bucket of tone just makes my friggin gig. You simply cannot replicate the connection through a computer or a solid state amp. It's Joo Joo, Black Magic, VooDoo.

Cheers

ps....get you a plastic toolbox from the tool store as an Amp Case. Your Uncle Jeffy lookin out for ya.

Yea man they are great. For the first time I actually have a backup head thats the same as my main because they are so small/light/affordable.

bobpick68

Reaction score
Hi All.

Cheers

What type(s) of music do you play through it?

speyfly

Reaction score
Hi All.

Cheers

:jam: Another one that has found the value and tone the Origin 20 head.

I'm totally impressed with the O20H. I'm running mine through two 1X12 cabs, V30 in one and a Greenback in the other and am very happy with the speaker combo matched with the 20 head. No need for pedals once you get to the sweet spot other than an EQ in the loop. OK, maybe a SD-1 for the crescendo!

Great to hear you're getting the most out of yur O20H!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

Cheers

Congratulations from another satisfied Origin owner , they can truly bring the tone.
Cheers
Mitch

Reaction score
What type(s) of music do you play through it?
A multi genre cover unit and making a record. I keep ORI fairly clean a run a gamut of OD's and dirt. Status Quo she's between a JTM and a JMP. A Timmy gives me 800 tones. Klon gets into Jubilee territory. Stack 'em up and Ola would agree, it Chugs, to the chagrin of my neighbors.

bobpick68

Reaction score
A multi genre cover unit and making a record. I keep ORI fairly clean a run a gamut of OD's and dirt. Status Quo she's between a JTM and a JMP. A Timmy gives me 800 tones. Klon gets into Jubilee territory. Stack 'em up and Ola would agree, it Chugs, to the chagrin of my neighbors.

Very cool. Exactly what I do for music. Been looking for a head. I did have the Origin 50 at one point but I was disappointed. Maybe the 20 is better. Off to watch youtube vids now.

wxs3

Reaction score
Hi Folks!!
I finally got to jam with a bass and drummer last night with my Origin 20. I have a 1-12 cab loaded with a Warehouse Speaker ET90 and was pretty impressed with it. I run it with a Boss GT-1000, 4 cable method to run a variety of distortion sounds through it for my rock and heavier tones and am able to switch to the amp models for cleans (jc-120, fender twins, etc). Dont hate using the GT's distortions, but my pedal board is too big with distortion pedals and I'm too old to carry all that to a jam or a gig these days. :D

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks!!
I finally got to jam with a bass and drummer last night with my Origin 20. I have a 1-12 cab loaded with a Warehouse Speaker ET90 and was pretty impressed with it. I run it with a Boss GT-1000, 4 cable method to run a variety of distortion sounds through it for my rock and heavier tones and am able to switch to the amp models for cleans (jc-120, fender twins, etc). Dont hate using the GT's distortions, but my pedal board is too big with distortion pedals and I'm too old to carry all that to a jam or a gig these days. :D
Welcome to the forum
And congrats on the Origin amp.
I still love mine after 2 years now..
Cheers
Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:cheers:
:welcome:
To the forum
Mitch