Origin 20 - What brands of tubes are they shipping with. Should I consider replacing any of them?

jeffb

Reaction score
Wow. I just tried it with the master all the way up and the O20 was better than I exepted… :)
If you can manage the volume, then the amp is fantastic, especially considering how much they cost.

The issues are when you have to run the master low- or the lower power modes-then it's a finnicky beeatch to get something out of it* worthwhile.

*my ears/opinion obviously.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I only have the 50H’s, I put a mullard CP in V1 , in one of them, and left the rest stock, the other one got mullards in all preamp locations, and CP Ruby’s in for the stock EL34’s. There is not much of a difference between the 2 amps, biggest difference is the cabs speakers. Eminence golds in one cab. Greenbacks in the other.
Congratulations on your new to you amp. And
Welcome to The Forum
Cheers
Mitch

Carl M

Reaction score
I only have the 50H’s, I put a mullard CP in V1 , in one of them, and left the rest stock, the other one got mullards in all preamp locations, and CP Ruby’s in for the stock EL34’s. There is not much of a difference between the 2 amps, biggest difference is the cabs speakers. Eminence golds in one cab. Greenbacks in the other.
Congratulations on your new to you amp. And
Welcome to The Forum
Cheers
Mitch
Thanks.

I'll leave it as is for now. I have too many other projects to finish and it sounds really good for what I bought it for and that was to get a very low volume Marshall to mic up and use for composing and relatively silent tracking with drums. When I started this thread I hadn't tried it yet and I didn't expect to be this good, considering that I have owned and played vintage Marshalls since I was 13. Tthey were cheap back then.)

It's slightly different to tune in, compared to a classic Marshall. It doesn't take as much input level from pedals like a Super Lead or a Studio Vintage happily do. But that's not a problem, as long as one is aware of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts